Archive

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December Giveaway!

Hello lovelies!

Happy December to you all. Would you believe we got the first snow of the year today? The weatherman said it would stop at 9am but lo and behold it has been snowing all the live long day. I am beyond thrilled! It's a beautiful blanket of white. A perfect start to December!

To kick off the most wonderful season of the year, along with the snow, is A Cupcake for Moose Giveaway! It's not a "professional" giveaway, just a few of my favorite things. Surprise, surprise they all have to do with cooking...well, baking the most part. Yay baking! My cooking skills have gone dramatically down hill the last few weeks (read: months) but thank you Lord that cookies and cinnamon rolls still save the day!

The lucky winner will receive...

IMG_2080

...some sweet cupcake toppers that celebrate the Reason for the Season, our awesome and fantastic Savior Jesus. Happy Birthday Jesus! Also in the mix is an adorable set of "Book Marks for Cooks" with fun sayings such as…

IMG_2083
"Eating artichokes is like getting to know someone really well." - Willi Hastings

Well said Mr. H! I found these gems at Anthro a while back. Useful and clever! Also up for wins is an adorable home lovely cupcake topper. Perfect to celebrate a new house or the joys of turning a house into a home.

IMG_2088

And to top of my "favorite things" giveaway is….

grabbagpola

...a Bake It Pretty grab bag! Oh, how wonderful! I bought a grab bag and had such a treat exploring what's inside that I had to pick one up for you you, too. Some lucky reader will win…who knows what? Mine had lovely cupcake toppers, stickers and mini cuppie liners in it. I absolutely adore Bake It Pretty and all the lovelies in their shop!

Here's how to win:

Leave me a comment telling me any (or all of the following):
1. What you are most looking forward to this Christmas season
2. A funny story about your baby, dog or best friend
3. Your favorite Beatles song

Good luck my friends! Contest will close on Saturday, December 4th. I will announce the winner on Monday!

xoxo, Rachel



15 comments:

  1. Great giveaway, love all the items! I am looking forward to driving home to KY (all 725 miles of it) to visit my family over Christmas! My cousin is due with her first baby on Christmas Eve so it is going to be extra special to see my family this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff!! As with many years, I think I am most looking forward to the candlelight Christmas Eve service(s) at church. As a choir member, I will once again be there for both services, and it's just such a wonderful and JOYOUS time of music and reflection on the true reason for Christmas: Christ and the hope that on only He gives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun giveaway! What I'm most looking forward to at Christmas is spending time with my family and friends. I thankfully get two weeks off, and I intend to take full advantage of it being with the people I love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Giveaway Rachel! Love all the items. You always find the nicest things. I love everything about Christmas, but this year I am especially looking forward to our Church Nativity, and not just coz I wrote it either! My favourite Beatles song is Yesterday and funny dog story? Hmmm . . . well she does rather get off the sofa in a funny way, but it's hard to describe! Love and hugs to you! Happy December! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm most looking forward to spending time with my family. I love love baking for them at Christmas. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this giveaway. What I'm most looking forward to this Christmas is spending the holidays with my mother's side of the family for the first time in my entire life. Since it's usually spent with my dad's family. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun give away!

    I can't wait to not travel for Christmas! I'm super excited to spend it in my home with my family and Christmas tree. :)

    Too many to pick a favorite Beatle's song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FUN! I wanna play!

    Funny baby story: It happened during the first snow this year. I opened the garage door to leave for our playdate and Mckynzye ran outside and yelled "Mom, look at all those bubbles!" "Ewe, they're cold! And they make my shoes messy!" HA :) What 2 yr olds say. She makes me laugh every day.

    Funny dog story comes from Kaicey: She has been leaving Boiler, their wiener dog, home a lot so Boiler has been very needy. The other day she came home from work and took a bath. Boiler wanted to be with her so much that she sat on the edge of the bathtub while Kaicey soaked. Then when she would turn the faucet on and off Boiler would drink out of it! HA :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Come Together" is one of my Beatles favs. No baby story (ask me next year ;-), no dog stories (silly), but BFF yes: In middle school we both had bangs and curled them backwards with a curling iron. Basically, we curled them under, but there was always this bent edge at the end of our bangs. It wasn't until 8th grade that someone showed us how to use a curling iron properly! Where were our mothers?!? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to the festive holiday lights, the first snow, being with my family, relaxing by the fireplace at Christmas.
    Let it Be is my favorite inspirational Beatles song, always soothes me and brings me peace.
    Most mornings my kitty Thomas, follows me to the kitchen at a nice trotting pace and then after picking up speed, flies over his sister cat as she walks properly to her food dish...because he can. Always arriving first! Thoroughly starting her day off wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am looking forward to seeing my mom, stepdad and my brothers. They live 8 hours from me so I don't see them but a few times a year. I have a two year old and am expecting a second so each time we spend time together is very special!! Also my inlaws will be moving to France and this will be our last Christmas in the states for a few years so it will be important to spend time together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun giveaway! aren't you so cute?! i love those cupcake toppers--one of my advent things to do with audrey is to make a happy birthday cake for Jesus- so those would be perfect. ;)

    now i need to share one of my favorite things about Christmas? gosh, it's hard to pick one. i do love going to get a REAL Christmas tree, which we got last week. and i'm also enjoying doing an advent activity each day with audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love the chance to enter your wonderful giveaway.
    My favourite Beatles song: Let it Be.
    :o)
    pippirose59 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Rachel, I just got over here to your blog just in time to enter your fantastic giveaway!

    Let it Be and Hey Jude were two of my favorite Beatles Songs.

    Well this isn't a baby story but it is about my daughter when she was 2-3 years old. She was our firstborn and was so used to being around adults. When she was in the grocery store with me one time, a friend stopped to talk to me. After a few moments of them not looking down to talk to her too, she pulled on their pant leg to get their attention and looked up at them and said, "See my pretty blue eyes?" She was so used to us telling her she had such pretty blue eyes and knew that would be a conversation starter so she could get in on the talking with us too. She grew up to be a talker like her momma! ha

    I am looking forward to the first week of January, when our entire family will be able to come home for Christmas. I love our family times together!!!!

    Thanks for having the giveaway Rachel.
    ♥Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun giveaway!
    My favorite Beatle song is Ticket to Ride.....not sure why, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!