Archive

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Tree a la Bonnie

Hello my friends! I hope you all survived turkey comas and crazy shopping days. I certainly had my fair share of turkey, but no shopping this time. We were in northern Michigan where the options for shopping are slim. Mr. Schalk and I did take a quick trip to the Home Depot where I am certain they have hired the nicest people in Michigan to work there. Other than that, I avoided the craze. This little mama did not need the stress. Not to mention the vast majority of shoppers could out run me to the sweet deals. I hope you all snagged some!

We did have the pleasure of picking out our Christmas tree. It is up and ready for decorating, which you know I will have to share with you when it's all pretty and lit. Until then, please enjoy these photos of our tree picking excursion from miss Bonnie's point of view.

a_IMG_1856
"Hi Dad. Hey, down here. Can I go with you to pick out a Christmas twee? Pwetty pwease!" (Bonnie forgets her "r's" when she gets excited.) :)


a_IMG_1954
"Dad, I'm sooo excited. Come with me, I found the perfect twee!!!"

a_IMG_1947
"This way. Yayyyy, let's go!"


a_IMG_1922
"What do you think? It's the pewfect size (for me), right?!" Yay Christmas!!!

a_IMG_2005
Mr Schalk: "Hey miss Bonnie, what do you think of this one? It's more mama and I's size. Let's hear it for Christmas!"

I cannot wait to get this beauty decorated! Have you gotten into the holiday spirit yet? Still sleeping off Turkey day? Christmas is my most favorite season ever. I cannot wait to spread Christmas love all over this blog.....do I hear a giveaway coming up? Yay! Stay tuned!

xoxo, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Loved this post! It made me smile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute dog!! I think we got the same type of tree. Love that kind. Can't wait to see how you decorated it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...love this post...we will get our tree on Sat....don't you just love going and picking the perfect one. We can never all agree on that perfect one.

    Thanks for visiting me the other day. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie is so cute bounding through the fields, while you're picking a tree. Can't wait to see it all lit up!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!