Archive

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Different Sort of Grateful

IMG_1754a
Backyard entertainment - Señor Hawk - November 21, 2010

I have done grateful lists before and another seems befitting for the holiday. However, the mood strikes me to create a different sort of grateful list. Yes, I am abundantly grateful for Jesus, Mr. Schalk, baby Cricket, my family, friends and cinnamon rolls. But I'm also grateful for....

IMG_1748

1. How tired I am the last couple days. It is going to make sleeping in this weekend even more lovely and gratifying.

2. The leaves that are falling off the trees. As sad as I am to see them go I am abundantly grateful for the change of seasons. Christmastime with its blustery cold days make ideal moments for hunkering down by the fireside with a big cup of cocoa. Then, before you know it Spring will emerge and I'll be ready to throw off the winter coat and soak up the fresh air and sunshine. I love the Midwest for its distinct seasons...fits my personality to a 'T'!

3. Coupons! It's time consuming but so worth it in my world!

4. My day job. It's not glamorous but I work with lovely people, have little stress and am abundantly grateful for this opportunity.

5. Mashed potatoes. Need I say more?


HawkCollage_Sml

I'm off to enjoy a thankful week. ACFM is taking a little holiday break and will return next week with even more random ramblings of a walking Moose.

I hope you are all blessed beyond belief this Thanksgiving - in more ways than the obvious! Of course, safe travels, happy eating, and happy memory making to you and yours. Enjoy each moment!


xoxo,
Rachel


6 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    Have a blessed and joyous Thanksgiving!, as you enjoy the wonderful, wonderful blessings our God heaps upon us every day! He is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, mashed potatoes! I love them.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =) A modified version of Pioneer woman's mashed potatoes have ruined my life forever!! haha! ;)

    Beautiful Thankful list!! Congrats on the Cricket soon to come!! I have visited before... but get lost in the sea of blogs!! Enjoy your sleep this weekend! I will be back again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a blessed Thanksgiving! Feed your little one lots of good food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Rachel! And I hope that you and the little Cricket enjoy LOTS of mashed potatoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your grateful list. Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving girlie.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!