
I just want to send a big x & o Thank You to all the lovely visitors, readers and commenters out there. Your hearts are so beautifully expansive! That you would take a minute out of your busy days to stop by here, and so often comment in the most lovely way, means the world to this little mama-to-be. Really, it does!
Apparently it is a faux pas to comment on being pregnant to someone if you're not absolutely sure. Which I totally get. No one wants to make that mistake…aye aye aye! But seriously folks, is there a question? I feel like I look very pregnant and not just "maybe she ate too many burritos" preggers. Just saying....
Please, general public, ask me when I'm due. Ask me how I'm feeling. Tell me I look adorable. On the other hand, the lack of public questions does eliminate the possibility of rudies. I am not missing inappropriate comments or bothersome "advice" that sometimes come out of people's well intentioned (or not) mouths. So, for that I am also extremely grateful. Especially since, as you can surely tell, I'm a wee bit sensitive these days. And people are so nice out there that I really shouldn't be bothered by the lack of interest. I am sure they have important things to consider than whether I'm pregnant or just happy with the burritos in my life.
Thankfully, I have been getting amazingly helpful advice from friends and family lately. Hopefully, I'll remember everything when Cricket arrives and I have even more of a gobbly gook mind. And on one more note, God bless Mr. Schalk….he somehow makes me feel beautiful, interesting and sane these days despite my awesome hormones.

My point, and I did have one somewhere amidst the rambling, is thank you! I don't comment back as much as I should, but you each mean so much to me. Reading your encouragement and kind words, and feeling your smiles from across internet land, have meant more than Care Bears and rainbows to me. Thank you for being SO incredibly kind! And please know, that it is a joy to read your blogs, too! I love hearing about your worlds and what is going on from house buying to holiday decorating to family memories being made. What a sweet community!
Again, thank you for making me feel beautiful inside and out! You didn't have to, but you did! And I want to bottle EACH one of you up and spread the joy around!
xoxo forever,
Rachel


That's me! I bought a house! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're right! I was definitely thinking of you and your hubs new & quite lovely home! :)
ReplyDeleteAwww Rachel,
ReplyDeleteSo many of us enjoy your delightful blog! And it is so refreshing and inspiring to see such a godly and loving young couple as you and Mr. Schalk are! And pregnancy is such a wondrous miracle!
I found you through Megan at Starbucks and Sippy cups and have been following you for several weeks! I love your blog and am so excited for you and your "impending" little one!
ReplyDeleteHave been playing catch up here this morning Rachel. I'm so behind in my blog reading. I just wanted to say hey and You are so cute and such a dear friend. Love you loads! xxoo
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your pregnancy and thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments. I love your blog! You are a fabulous writer.
ReplyDeleteHi Rachel, my friend,
ReplyDeleteI don't get to see you at church very often; so I am using this way to let you know how much I appreciate your blog. Is there a way to be notified when you have posted something new? (Yes - I am THAT addicted!) Your writing is always so positive - which is what our world needs. Keep up using your writing talent, please!Take care of yourself - and Bakerella of course!
Marion from KOG
HI Marion! So lovely to hear from you! I had no idea you followed my blog regularly...thanks SO much!!
ReplyDeleteI think if you click the "Posts RSS" link under my header it gives you an option to get notified when I post something new. Or, you can comment under your gmail account and click the "Subscribe by email" button under the comment box. I'm not super savvy as such things, but am flattered you'd want to be notified.
See you at church tomorrow my friend!
:) Rachel
Is that picture of a picture your belly? If so, I'm crazily jealous! Are you going to do maternity photos?
ReplyDeleteNo, not my belly, but isn't it a cool photo? My mom sent it to me a few weeks ago. She is so sweet! I don't know if I'm going to do "official" maternity photos. I'm surprisingly shy of the belly sans clothes. Are you going to? I can already picture stunning belly photos of you and your little engineer (or bakerella). :)
ReplyDeleteI'm probably awkwardly unshy about the belly sans clothes :-). Either way pictures of the bump are a must, even if they're the weekly updates with clothing! I'd like to do official photos, but the question is what do you do with them??
ReplyDeleteSo when are you due? :-D I'm due July 10,and my best friend and I were talking about this "faux pas" just last night. I'm not sure I'm crazy abou the idea of posting belly photos sans clothes, but hubby insisted we take bump pics at the beginning of each week for just our family album. Best wishes to you during your pregnancy!
ReplyDelete