Archive

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

British Invasion or 26 wks

Yesterday was a big day in my world. First, as you know Prince William and the gorgeous Kate Middleton announced their engagement. Oh be still my royalty lovin' heart. I cannot wait until they air their sure-to-be-beautiful wedding. Eek, they are so darn adorable!


And just as exciting...

The Beatles came to iTunes!

Whoop-dee-do you say? Or perhaps you say, "Oh yeah baby, bring on the Walrus!" That's the spirit! I have been wanting to add to my Beatles collection for so long. Rubber Soul has been in my Amazon cart for ages, but I am an iTunes girl at heart. I don't want cd's lying around, and so often I want to make my own collection of favorite songs instead of buying complete albums. Up on the immediate list o' songs to download are Across the Universe, In My Life and Golden Slumbers. Sigh...I'm a happy camper.

Oh, how I adore The Beatles. From growing up on a healthy diet of the Oldies station to watching their Anthology as an early teen to studying (yes, studying!) the Sgt. Pepper album my freshman year in high school I've always loved the fab four.


My freshman English teacher swapped our class for the year with a young teacher from Scotland, Miss Markle...I think that was her name. Let's go with it! Nothing like getting taught an English class from a Scottish teacher. Oh, but don't be mistaken, it was wonderful! Miss Markle took us on a four-week exploration of all things Beatles, specifically the Sgt. Pepper album. I learned so much and have retained most of it (I think...who knows, I'm pregnant and can't remember anything). I adore this album for its nostalgia of that year. Ringo will always be Billy Shears to me.

Miss Markle had such a positive impact on my early teen years. She taught me to love writing and showed me that I can be a creative writer (something I never considered before her class...I'm a numbers girl...or so I thought).

Needless to say I love the Beatles and am SO excited to download some of my favorite songs to add to my collection. And the increasingly awesome Mr. Schalk gave me an iTunes gift card a while back that is going to come in handy for such an occasion as this. Lucky for him, he is a Beatles fan, too. So we get to share Mr. Schalk! xoxo

On the off chance that you could care less about British royalty, The Beatles or Scottish English teachers let me throw in my weekly preggo pic. I call this, "Mama-Moose-is-tired-of-taking-weekly-pics-but-knows-she-will-regret-leaving-out-one." And yes, I am ironing my pants. How glamorous!

26_IMG_1705

xoxo from Across the Universe,
Rachel

7 comments:

  1. Hello Dear Rachael,

    I know this is purely a coincidence, but Charles and Diana were married the year I was expecting Trent. You will have babe in arms as you watch Will and Kate.

    What do you do about lullabys for the baby? Will she have her own Itunes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool Mrs. Maus! I just adored Princess Diana and was talking to my mom last night about how she woke up at midnight to start watching her and Charle's wedding. What a coincidence that it is when you were expecting Trent. I can't wait to partake in my own royal wedding watching with my baby in my arms.

    We have been blessed with many baby lullaby cd's from friends, so I am going to have to buy a little cd player for her. Hehe, the thought of her having her own iTunes lullaby collection makes me laugh, but is actually a good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so lovely! Glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Princess Di and I were the same age, so I really enjoyed that fairytale wedding. She was only 20, I think!
    Rachel, you are looking terrific! Keep posting those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to study the Sgt. Pepper album in a college music class...ha! It was actually a really fun unit!

    And, that pic is adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. You are the cutest pregnant woman ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy smokes that bump is getting more and more amazing! You look great even if you're not happy about being photographed, again... I need to commit to a weekly photo. It's hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!