Archive

Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Sweet Riverside Shower



a_sweet_IMG_2107

a_IMG_2102

The generosity of people never ceases to amaze me. This past weekend my sweet mother-in-law, Rosemary, hosted a lovely baby shower for Theresa (Mr. Schalk's sis who expecting in May…yay!) and me. It was at a fantastic little restaurant, Chew Chew, in Riverside, Illinois, Mr. Schalk's hometown.

a_IMG_2105

a_sweet_IMG_2108

We had scrumptious food including bacon wrapped dates, caprese flatbread, edamame, and a delightful salad with fingerling potatoes and chicken. Oh my, was it ever tasty! And, to top it off Theresa and I got "kiddy cocktails"! They were pretty adorable!

a_sweet_IMG_2106

a_sweet_IMG_2170

It was a lovely get together full of the kindest women. Some have been friends with Rosemary for many years, and it is always a delight to talk with them. Aunt Barbara made the most wonderful gift baskets for Theresa and me. Look, mine is a "Bonnie" basket.

a_sweet_IMG_2311

Isn't it perfect?! Bonnie was enamored with the look-alike basket when we let her sniff it. I had to put it on the top shelf in case Bonnie got a case of the wonders. Bonnie girl also made a special appearance when my sweet sister, Liz, included some delightful Bonnie baby books for our little girl. Leave it to my research queen Sis (she gets that from my mama!) to find books about a little white dog named Bonnie. I'm still in awe that someone (obviously a genius!) created Bonnie dog books!

a_sweet_IMG_2185


a_sweet_IMG_2344

a_sweet_IMG_2344_close

My mama, sister and coolest niece ever, Genevieve, came to the shower, which made it was extra special! I might be a biased Aunt but have you ever seen a cuter baby?! I didn't think so! And her personality is delightful! She is snuggly and interesting and just a ball full of sweetness! I love this baby girl!

a_sweet_IMG_2114

a_sweet_IMG_2151
I think her mama adores her, too! This photo truly melts my heart with the love it exudes. So sweet!

It was such a memorable afternoon. We were blessed in abundance with amazing gifts and kind words. We are so grateful for everyone taking time out of their schedules to be with us. Words cannot adequately express how thankful I am for everyone who has prayed for us, helped us get ready for baby and been a support to Mr. Schalk and me. It was so special to share the day with Theresa and see her eyes light up with anticipation of their sweet baby on the way.

IMG_2337

a_sweet_IMG_2225

Thank you everyone!
xoxo, Rachel, Mr. Schalk and Cricket




6 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    What a wonderful and blessed day! You and your SIL look radiantly beautiful!
    Genevieve is beautiful. What beautiful eyes she has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your joint-shower looks very intimate and elegant, Rachel! (My S-I-L happens to be preggers too. She's due in March and me in May...weird?!) And I agree, Genevieve has beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful Rachel! It looks like you had a fun time and you are just the cutest lil pregnant gal ever! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet! and you look terrific! and yes, that baby is oh, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a lovely baby shower. Your mother-in-law is so sweet to host such a nice event. Congrats to your sister-in-law as well :)

    Looking good, Rachel. Can't believe you're in your third trimester already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! Your baby bump is to die for. :)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!