Archive

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Trees & Memories

IMG_2398
The popcorn has been strung.

IMG_2403
The bells have been hung.

IMG_2406
And you can bet the Christmastime fun has begun!

IMG_2408
It's been a Christmas wonderland since we came home from Thanksgiving. I apologize for the lack of holiday photos, but trust me when I say it's a magical time of year 'round here. I hope it is for you, as well! Our little red sled that we were blessed with last year is now snuggled under the tree with our other little snuggler, Miss Bonnie! Pardon her expression, she just woke up from her 14th nap of the day. Lucky pup!

IMG_2400
Favorite ornaments are up and the smell of wood burning in the fireplace is a warm reminder of the snowy season before us. Christmas movies have graced the television amongst the wintertime football extravaganzas.

IMG_2395
One of my favorite ornaments is of a baby me on Santa's lap. Next year we will have our own little bambino to celebrate Christ's birth with. I hope her eyes are big and wide as she peers at her first Christmas tree. Not sure how a 10 month old will (or won't) appreciate Santa, but I'm sure we will give it a go. Then, we'll have mommy and baby Santa shots to hang on the tree. And everybody said, "Awww."

Merry Christmastime!
xoxo, Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    One of my fondest Christmas memories concerning infants is of Stefanie when she was 6 months old. We had taken her to the Mannheim Christmas market, and here she was, snuggled in a pink snow suit, enjoying the action from the safety from Hans' shoulders. It was dark, so the lights of the Christmas market were spilling their magic, and it had just begun to snow! I will never forget the sparkle in Stefanie's eyes, open wide, taking in the Christmas magic.
    Merry Christmas to you, Mr. Schalk, Cricket and Bonnie!
    Love,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! It's been festive here since Thanksgiving as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our daughter was 11 months old when she had her first Christmas. It was absolutely magical! I loved the look on her face as she experienced it all for the first time! Except for the Santa part, she still, at almost 3, wants nothing to do with him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE your decorations!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!