What a lovely weekend! The sun shone the entire time and it was beautifully crisp outside. Perfect for fall walks and house projects. We are getting the little bambino's room ready one step at a time. It is so much fun! I am working on a mobile and it is coming along nicely. I hope to have it finished soon so I can show you what I've been up to.
Ashley, Rachel, Moi & Baby "Bakerella", Kaleena - xoxo
Saturday was especially lovely as my favorite girls threw me the sweetest most intimate shower a mama-t0-be could ask for. I have known these girls for what seems like forever and yet each time we get together I learn a little more about them. Seeing their individual personalities shine as we grow up is such a blessing. I do not think they realize just how thoughtful and kind they are, but let me tell you these ladies are amazing!
The love and the little touches they thought of meant so much to me. From a baking theme (the absolute best!) to the games and activities they chose, to the sheer coziness of the morning....my heart overflows with gratitude! These are the kind of women I want to surround myself with. I feel uplifted and full of joy whenever I am around them, and always end up smiling for days afterward.
Mr. Schalk thought these baby mocs were especially adorable! I couldn't agree more. Our little Indian princess will be darling with these on her sweet feet.
As you can tell it was a wonderful shower - full of laughter and great conversation. It was small and sweet and really helped me get excited not only for this little bambino but also for the holidays. A time of giving and loving and remembering. And a time for good food - which there was plenty of this weekend. Pink frosted cinnamon rolls (my absolute favorite treat!), homemade applesauce, pumpkin muffins with pink honey butter, quiche, apple cider, mocha punch and more! Can you believe these girls?! I know, trust me, I know! Amazzzing!
My sweet friend Liz came up all the way from Atlanta! Can you believe it? She timed her flight home so that she could stop by with her awesome mama. It was an extra special treat. And look at the amazingly beautiful vintage dress she purchased for baby Bakerella. It is definitely getting hung up in baby's room to show off until she fits into it. It's perfect!
In fact, the whole weekend was perfect. Thank you Jesus! For kindness, laughter and each person who has so generously blessed this little family with prayers, gifts, time and thoughtfulness. You each hold such a special place in our hearts!
xoxo forever, Rachel & Family







What a sweet shower! I love the dress Liz got for little bakerella :-)
ReplyDeleteYou are truly blessed! What sweet friends. I wish I had a pair of those mocs! I would wear them everywhere.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful, and sweet shower!!! Love the pictures. :)
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. It sounds like it was a very perfect weekend. Flipping LOVE the bun in the oven. Cute as can be!
ReplyDeletesimply sweet!
ReplyDelete