I can't believe we are 25 weeks along on our journey already! I am loving the little squirms and kicks from baby Cricket, but I am even more excited to meet her! To nurture and love and learn from a sweet child of God. What joy she is sure to bring to this little family.
The talented Mr. Schalk had a fun idea to take an early morning walk this weekend and capture my weekly preggo photos in a creative way that also captured the beauty of the season. He is a great one, that Mr. S! As you can see, Bonnie is anxious to get back to Daddy. She is a daddy's girl through and through. It's pretty adorable, especially when she swims across the lake just to "rescue" him. When in reality, she ends up needing rescued because little legged pups aren't the world's most seasoned swimmers across big lakes. Sorry Bonsters, you know it's true.
Today is a full one so I mustn't stay away blogging for too long. Although, I'd love nothing better than to type away in my jammies with these blueberry scones in the oven and tea heating up on the stove. Then, you could come over and we could enjoy morning breakfast together. Oh, how I love breakfast and friends....and daydreaming.
Alas, I will just leave you with a couple more shots from the morning shoot with Mr. Schalk. Funny how certain clothes and angles can make your body appear...ahem...shall we say pumpkinlicious? Yes, I just did!
I have decided to give up worrying about what is "normal" for a mama-to-be (novel idea to give up worry...thank you Jesus!) and focus on eating healthy foods (amidst my cinnamon roll addiction) and practice being secure in my ever-changing body. Practice makes reality? I'm not sure about that one, but I do know I was getting the nudge to appreciate that my body is making a little miracle and it is all in God's brilliant plan. Big or small I am beautiful because God loves me and believes in my gifts! (I need little reminders every once in a while, don't we all?)

And guess what? God thinks YOU are beautiful, too. He does! He is looking at your heart and knowing the plans He has set out for you even when you were just created. He thinks you are beautiful inside and out - I promise!
Be encouraged my dear friends! Happy Wednesday!
xoxo, Rachel
Rather, it [your beauty] should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.-1 Peter 3:4 (NIV)
Be encouraged my dear friends! Happy Wednesday!
xoxo, Rachel



Looking good, Rachel! Just looked at your baby shower pictures. What a sweet day that your friends held for you.
ReplyDeleteTotally pumpkinlicious! You're really starting to pop out there! Does it feel amazing?
ReplyDeleteYou truly and honestly look beautiful Rachel! thanks for the encouragement too..us gals have a hard time remembering that far too often.
ReplyDeleteRachel,
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful. Pregant women are beautiful. I remember my doctor thought I'd gain 22 lb, but I gained 50. You, however, look like you are right where you should be, and you are beautiful. Pregnancy is totally amazing!
you do look fantastic-- 25 weeks- congrats! your little one will be here before you know it, especially with all the holidays coming!
ReplyDeletealso, would you mind mailing me some cinnamon rolls or blueberry scones? yum!
You look so cute! Trust me -- I'm also 25 weeks along (our due dates must be within days of each other!) and I just look ... squishy :) On that note, thanks for the lovely reminder to roll with the changes that come with pregnancy and remember what the most important beauty is.
ReplyDelete