Archive

Monday, October 18, 2010

Shakertown Revisited

IMG_1009a

If you have visited my little ol' blog from the beginning you will certainly remember hearing of my love for a little place we call Shakertown. Located near Harrodsburg, Kentucky Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill is a wonderful retreat. My mama likes to tell the story that I smiled my first "real" smile here...I believe it was right after a baby break down at dinner. C'est la vie!

IMG_1143_bw

Mr. Schalk and I adore this nearby oasis. Beautiful hiking trails, delicious food and serene surroundings. It fits us perfectly! We recently decided to take a weekend trip to our little getaway to enjoy the autumn and have a late anniversary celebration.

IMG_1109_B&R

We found out our little bambino is a sweet girl just days before which added to the excitement. We even bought her first toys.

IMG_1101

Aww, so sweet! I adore handmade wooden toys. I hope she does, too!

IMG_0781

Mr. Schalk and I love taking long walks with our camera in tow. There is something special about enjoying God's amazing creations and being able to snap what catches our eyes. Almost all of these pictures are courtesy of the Mister with some of my personal touches post shot. Isn't he a talented photographer? I'm so proud of his gift!

IMG_0781BW

God blessed us with gorgeous colors and temperatures during our mini vacation. I am always in awe of our Lord's creativity. Isn't He interesting? I often wonder how he came up with all the intricacies of nature. Talk about attention to detail!

IMG_1128

Thank you Shakertown for another wonderful getaway! It was one that will always be remembered.

Until we meet again!

xoxo,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the little girl! How exciting. I have always been interested in the Shakers. I love their style of furniture. I have a very old Shaker Cookbook in my possession that I cherish! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just LOVE those wooden toys! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!