As some of you may know, last week Mr. Schalk and I had a very special appointment. Yes, that appointment. Would it be a Bakerella or a Bakerfella?
Bonnie was excited to know, but luckily we bribed her with biscuits to keep it hush hush.
The guesses had been flying and were split down the middle. Most of Mr. Schalk's friends and co-workers were guessing fella and most of mine were siding towards ella. Mr. Schalk and I had a hunch, but really had no idea...I mean how does one really know? P.S. Wives tales are just that...big tales! (but you knew that, didn't you?)
It was quite a special day and one I cannot imagine we will ever forget. And, not just for the fact that it took a loooong time to find out. This little bambino is quite the mover and shaker if you know what I mean!
Once we did find out, and I had my special moment to relish in the news just the Mister and I, we were set to tell family and friends. Most of our family live far enough away that we made phone calls to spread the news. However, if you know my parents you know that a call was just not going to suffice. My mama needed a memory! And let me tell you this was quite a memory!
Nice pink and blue touch - Love my mama so much!
The plan was to go to my parents for dinner. I would bring dessert and that is how we would tell them if this baby was a girl or boy. I had no idea that the evening would turn into such a lovely affair. Okay, well I had an idea, but my mama went all out! Can you tell by these pictures?It was a true party! Especially after the hearty chuckle brought on when Mr. Schalk thanked God for our twins during the prayer....what?! Thank goodness God has a sense of humor and thank the Lord for one Schalkbaby at at time!
My mama was oh-so-clever and coordinated the meal with pink and blue accents. My favorite crock pot chicky noodles were accompanied by pink lemonade, blue jello pink & blue filled pears. Too fun! Of course, we also had delicious mashed potatoes, pumpkin bread and more! Finally, a special dessert from your truly.
How else did you think I would surprise them? Cupcakes of course! Who is the clever one now? Oh, still my mom? Yes, I agree! I decorated the outside of the cuppies with neutral colors but inside was the surprise. Would it be blue or pink filling? Only one way to find out....
a moment to remember...
Happily yours,
xoxo, Mama Moose
xoxo, Mama Moose









Ahhhh!! A Bakerella - that's so exciting! And she has a little girl cousin already waiting for her...that's perfect! Your dinner looks like so much fun! I can't believe how creative your mom was - such a special memory.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to find out what our little bambino will be :-)
Thanks Julie! We are over the moon! I can't wait to hear what you're having too. Your bambino will be fanstastic boy or girl, that's for sure!
ReplyDeletesuch a sweet event! your mom seriously went all out! so fun. congrats on the little girlie! so exciting.
ReplyDeleteAww congrats! Too cute!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful momma will surely make a beautiful baby girl! <3
Thanks so much Emmy Lou and Christina!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness. This was so lovely that it brought tears to my eyes. So happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteWhat a special celebration! So happy for you! Congrats on a baby girl!
ReplyDeleteOh my...I love reading your posts, but am a terrible commenter...THIS however, made me stop and drop you a few lines!
ReplyDeleteWhat an incredible memory to share with your folks - love the documentation of it all.
Congrats on your little girl...they are such amazing blessings!
What a fun evening...love all the details! Congrats on the girl!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the girl! too bad I got rid of all the girls baby clothes at the last garage sale. Oh well, just means I have an excuse to buy itty bitty baby clothes again. HeHe. Lunch soon possibly? Miss you!! Amanda
ReplyDeleteAmanda, lunch would be great. I'd love to catch you ladies some Friday soon. I'll email you guys.
ReplyDeleteI am definitely going to be checking out the resale stores and garage sale for cute itty bitty baby girl clothes! What fun! :) Hope you and your fam are fantastic!
Thanks for all the wonderful comments my friends! Your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your little princess!
ReplyDeleteyay! i don't know how i missed this post! i already have ideas of what to make!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to tell your parents that "it's a girl"! She is sure to be a beauty and I'm sure spoiled silly!!! You look great!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes to you both!!
Congrats! Thats so exciting! Just think of all the cute girly things that you get to buy, haha.
ReplyDeleteAmazing!!! So fun! I LOVED your party idea. So cute.
ReplyDelete