Archive

Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Recap

IMG_0101b-pola2

It was a beautiful weekend. The weather is getting crisp, yet still short sleeve comfortable. The best! It was a touching, although sad, reminder Saturday morning to see huge flags flying over the interstate. A day that will not be forgotten.

After a sweet anniversary celebration which included the prettiest bouquet of flowers ever, Mr. Schalk, The Bonnie and I took a road trip to Ohio. We went to visit our wonderful friends, the Robertson's. They are super fun and so are their sweet twins. We had a blast seeing Cincinnati and their wonderful neighborhood. It was also fun to have some kiddo time, since we will be sharing in those adventures oh-so-soon. Good pizza, great friends and even a candy shop! What a perfect weekend!

IMG_0072a-pola
This is not a picture of the awesome candy shop we stopped in. It's the crazy thai peppers that Mr. Schalk found a great use for. Decoration! Nicely done Mister!


IMG_0081a-pola
Bonnie got to visit her boyfriend, Opie, and her buddy Vibby this weekend. The curious pup was in heaven!

Weekends that are fun and relaxing really rejuvenate me for the week ahead. It should be a busy, but enjoyable, one. I hope you all had a great weekends, too!

xoxo, Rachel

P.S. Thanks for indulging me in my weekend recaps. Some posts are for you wonderful readers, and others I chronicle so that I won't lose the memories. Variety is the spice of life! Spice....is it too early for pumpkin bread? Please say it's perfectly acceptable!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! And I say it is most definitely NOT too early for pumpkin bread, which I may now have to make for myself, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking pumpkin bread myself!!! It's time!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!