Some days I am at a loss for words. No particular reason, I am happy as can be. Have you ever taken a Myers-Briggs, or similar, personality test? Every time I have taken one I come back as what I call an "outgoing introvert." That is pretty self explanatory, but it does describe me to a "T." I enjoy attention and making friends. I love a good conversation or a fun activity with great people. But I am my best with a group of 2 or 3. Too many more and I get quiet and awkward. Of course, it really doesn't take much for me to be awkward...
Did I have a point?
Ohhh yes, my point is that as much as I love people I need alone time. I honestly feel that one of my purposes in life is to be with people and share the love of Christ and the joy he has blessed my heart with, but there are many times I need to recharge alone. Christ did that, too, which is a comfort indeed. I have never been bored by myself and truly love getting lost in projects on my own.
So with all those words, I don't have a lot on my mind. I am happy yet reflective. God is working on my heart to give Him everything. And I mean everything. My faith is being challenged in new and wonderful ways. Mr. Schalk reminded me not to fear. I was greatly encouraged by this and the knowledge that faith in Christ eliminates worldly fear.
Faith is a tight rope of sorts, but perhaps in the fall is where we learn to trust. So, if I fall, I will dust myself off and remember that my life is already planned out by my Savior. I am just trusting he will guide my feet and my actions to his glory. My fall is usually in me taking back my trust and trying to control a situation. My friend Cheryl reminded me to give it back each time. And one of these times I will have actually given it all to him and know that it is in God's hands completely. What a feeling of peace there is in finally letting go. That is how this little baby came to be...but that is another story. :)
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
-Proverbs 16:9 (NIV)





Such a beautiful post Rachel. I totally understand the out-going but needing time alone thing. I am the very same way. I love people but enjoy not more than 2 or 3 of us together at a time.
ReplyDeleteGiving our fears to God then taking them back then giving them back is something I battle with also. I love your verse you posted. The Lord determines our steps but my goodness it is hard not to plan too. God knows our heart and thankfully he understands and won't give up until we are just like HIM.
I love this verse...it is so true. Sometimes it is so hard to remember that my life is already planned out by God. I know that I just need to let go, but it is a bit of a struggle :)
ReplyDelete