People have begun noticing that I don't just have a burrito obsession (praise the Lord!) and am actually carrying a little bambino under these garments. Now, it's getting more fun to grow a baby. The first few months were exciting and full of adjustments mentally and physically. All I can say now is, "Dear 2nd Trimester, I think I love you!"
The little bump and I are feeling good and enjoying the sweet comments from our friends and family. Everyone seems genuinely excited for our expanding family, and why not? Babies make people happy. Don't quote me on that when I'm sleep deprived and all kinds of exhausted. :)
I also get a lot of questions about cravings. Being the food lover that I am I thought for sure I'd have all kinds of wonderful cravings. Sadly, I don't have anything out of the ordinary. I have always loved my pastries and potatoes, and that has not subsided. Oddly enough, ice cream is completely off my radar. It sounds as good as a pile of dirt. Can you believe it? However, milk is heaven sent. It is the one thing I must always have in my fridge. I am picky about what kind I buy and drink it constantly. In coffee, in cereal, a glass for dessert.
Also, pickles are really good. And ice water is amazing. Yeah, really going out on a limb with those cravings, aren't I? Sigh...Side note: My awesome friend Ashley found a sewing machine for me at a garage sale and I am bound and determined to figure it out a.s.a.p. I have called my mama in for back up, as my home economics skills have taken a long jump off the deep end. Bobbin, what?
So, perhaps I'll learn to sew and actually blog something interesting! Or, I'll just humor you with talk of milk and pickles (but not together...eww).
Later gators!
xoxo,
-R


You look marvelous! Don't fret there is still time too have some odd cravings. Maybe in the third tri. Good luck with the sewing, I have been think of doing some myself. Many Blessing, Deborah
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful! I have always thought pregnant women are beautiful, don't you?
ReplyDeleteGood to see your post today!
You beautiful girl! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteAh Rachel 18 weeks is looking good on you :-) It has to be such a good feeling to have people noticing your bump as an actual bump! Have fun with sewing. Will your projects be bambino related?
ReplyDeleteAww, than you ALL for the lovely comments! You sure know how to make a girl feel pretty!
ReplyDeleteJulie, my first attempt at sewing is going to be the ever glamorous hemming of my own pants. If I can get that down then I will hopefully move onto bambino projects. Although, I imagine they will be things like dolls and fabric pirate ships...baby clothes seem a bit daunting at this point. :)
You look so adorable. Perfect! And get out of the city with those nice cravings : ) How great is that! Ice water! WOWZA!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great weekend! Hope you'll come visit and follow me too ;)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.trying2staycalm.com/