Archive

Friday, August 27, 2010

When PJ's are Suitable for Daywear

Baby Bonnie...just because.

Want to know something awesome? My clothes are not fitting properly at all. Isn't that fabulous? (What? Me sarcastic....noooo.) I'm in that odd stage of just having a bit of a bump enough to make my clothes look…awkward. I am not quite big enough for full on maternity clothes, but my selection of what actually fits is slowly diminishing.

Thankfully, some of my tops are longer and more suited for flawy, maternity-ish looks than others. Also, I have a lot of size up pants that I've kept. I lost some weight a while back and had some pants that were happily too big. But, I really liked them and didn't have the heart to throw them out just yet. I am so glad I kept them as they are now just what my changing body needs. My size up pants have been a God send!

I'm starting to feel like ahem...well, you know...

I need some closet therapy in the form of putting out-of-site all those pesky "normal size" clothes so they don't mock me. I think I have enough things to fit me for the next few weeks if I use my clothing options to the max.

In other fascinating observations, my memory is missing. Have you seen it? Once a sharp tool in my back pocket my memory has gone out the window in a flash. I seriously have been a day behind all week. I can't remember where I put things, what I was going to do, or commonly used nouns. It's kind of humorous, and yet oh-so-annoying at times. Perhaps my body is concentrating on more important matters, like growing an itty bitty baby. Go body go!


So pardon me if I turn my pj's into daywear one of these days. At least, you'll understand. I will be walking around with crazy look jammies, not worrying one bit. Loss of memory does help with self-consciousness. That is a great thing...no sarcasm intended!

Guess who I get to see this weekend?!


Happy Friday Friends!
xoxo, Rachel

8 comments:

  1. Oh my heart. The bunny slippers on the baby just about did me in! I hope you can go shopping soon and get something FABULOUS! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there sweet thing. Don't worry to much, your fabulous mind will come back to you, it is all part of the wonderfulness growing inside you. Also if you visit a Motherhood shop (if they are still open) or do some searching online they have a number of options for the transition process. THey have these stretchy things that work with regular pants to give you more room, if that makes any sense..... Good Luck! Miss you like crazy! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked a frightful sight when I was pregnant. I was huge for one thing and didn't want to spend money on clothes, so I resorted to consignment shops and thrift stores that only had tent like shirts. It wasn't pretty. There are soooo many stylish options available now. Almost makes me want a do over...almost;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have that little blessing to look forward to this weekend! LOVE the bunny slippers!! I would happily stay in my jammies all day! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy yourself to the max! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fabulous news, Rachel! I had pants that were kind of adjustable and grew with me. They were a godsend!
    Your joy is coming through loud and clear! Just wait - I remember at Christmas, having a new appreciation for Mary's joy and privilege of carrying our Saviour, along with her hardships, and being cozy and pregnant and warm in the cooler months, and the nesting, etc. I first felt Chickie kicking at 19 weeks which was when I became very ill with the flu. God used that kicking to reassure me daily that she was doing just fine!!....and I could go on and on....
    God bless you with a continued healthy, delightful, wonderful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, I remember that "I don't look pregnant, people will think I'm just getting fat" phase. I'm now on the other side - baby 12 weeks and NOTHING fits quite right! I'm not small enough for my pre-preg clothes and thankfully the maternity stuff is far too large.

    Words eluded me while I was pregnant - isn't it frustrating? You sound like you're doing an amazing job though - keep going! It really is worth all the strangeness and change! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for nonfitting pants!! ha ha! that is the only time in life when you are happy about it!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!