Archive

Monday, August 23, 2010

Grateful List

World's Best Vanilla Taffy

It's a grateful day here at A Cupcake for Moose. So many blessings have come my way the last few days that are humble reminders to realize God has always and continues to provide ALL my needs. I need to let those pesky wants fall by the wayside. They are pesky indeed and creep into my mind masking themselves as needs. Tsk tsk, I am constantly having to check those at the door.

Grateful List:

  • The sweet man in a wheel chair who patiently waited in the hot sun while cars went whizzing past the "Pedestrians First" walk way...then gave me a big smile when no one else was stopping. Dang, I think (hope) he may have known Jesus' goodness to be that happy in such a yucky predicament.
  • Bagels hot from the toaster. Is there anything better? Noooooope!
  • Ranking right up there with bagels is Bonomo Turkish taffy. It's the best vanilla taffy I've ever had. Thank you local candy shop for carrying this classic!
  • During a work event I ran into a man I worked with at my very first job. He didn't recognize me (it's been years) and when we started talking said, "Did you lose a ton of weight or something?" Ahhh, that was nice to hear. "No, I'm actually pregnant, but thanks anyway," was my happy response. A few more weeks and I will be hearing just the opposite, which is good, too. :)
    IMG_9634
Thanks Lotte for letting me borrow your uber-cute shirt! xoxo
  • I get to have lunch with two lovely friends today! I love catching up with Maranda and Cheryl. It's like water to my soul.
So, all in all life is pretty sweet these days. Oh, also the hobby stores have their fall decor out. I am making myself wait until September 1 to unpack our goodies. Mr. Schalk and I are eagerly anticipating pumpkin spice and hay bales and we haven't even had our last couple weeks of scorching heat that hits this time of year in Indiana. I know some of you have had less than warm summers and aren't quite ready. No worries, you keep the summer and I'll autumn decorate extra for you! See, it all works out!

Have a great day!
xoxo, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Grateful is good! That is something I have learned, to have a grateful heart. Makes life so much more lovely.
    You are starting out with your firstborn, I just took mine (first and only) to college. I am grateful to have enjoyed every stage of her development, knowing it would pass quicker than I thought. It has been a delightful 18 years, each stage with it's own joys.
    Blessings, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is the best. It's just full of warm cozies for the soul. Keep up your cuteness, Rachel - I'm excited to watch you (baby, that is) grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful - even (maybe especially) in the little things that are so often overlooked! I'm with you, though...can NOT wait for all things autumn/fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many blessings and so many reasons to be grateful! You're a real treasure!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this list! I have no idea what taffy is though - not sure we have it in the UK, I guess we're missing out! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!