Archive

Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer Days

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.
- John Lubbock

IMG_2362_c2

These last days of summer carry with them a variety of feelings. Sadness, that the ever quick summer is slipping away. Gratefulness, that the heat of these days are short lived (they are, right? Phew, it's hot!). And of course, a renewed desire to grasp the laid back summer ways and soak them up while we can.

IMG_2118

Who wants to go on a picnic? Of course, we'd have to go at 7am to beat the heat, but that could be okay. A summer breakfast picnic in the park? Perfect! Then, we'll spread a blanket in the shade and nap until lunch. Cold watermelon, iced tea and yummy summer sandwiches on the porch.


IMG_2126_c3

Well, we may not be able to have our picnic in the park today, but it is a lovely daydream while I'm at work. And bonus, it's Friday!

I hope you all have wonderful weekends, full of relaxing, laughter and making some lasting summer memories. The days are getting shorter, but the memories last forever!

"Laughter is the tangible evidence of hope."
-Nick Arnette

xoxo, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Rachel. And John Lubbock's quote? My sentiments exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. I love summer but I have to say i'm looking forward to Fall!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are gorgeous!!

    I awarded you a "sweet blog" award..come check it out at http://remindersofrainbows.blogspot.com/ :)

    In His Hand,
    Kaley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Mr Lubbock, tis never a waste of time. Another beautiful post Raquel!! Thanks for your Happy Birthday wishes! Yay for the weekend! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. because we've had such a cool summer i'm not ready for fall at all yet! I still long for heat and sun and being outdoors. I haven't even hit our local beach once yet because it's been to cold this year!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!