Archive

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Desire to Give

What a great weekend! A laid back, yet gorgeous wedding shower, amazing quality time with my mama and a super fun day with Mr. Schalk's kind parents. And you know what? Not a single picture was snapped. Doh! I need to attach a camera to my head. That would not only be useful, but totally stylish. Right? Hmmm, perhaps not.

IMG_9269_goofy

Bonnie and I are taking the predicament of not remembering the camera very seriously. Can you tell?

IMG_9334

Despite the lack of relevant pictures, it was a lovely weekend. God has blessed Mr. Schalk and I with amazing family and friends. They are supportive, loving and so darn kind! Lately God has shown me in quite obvious ways that He will truly provide all that I need. And my wants seem to fade away. Some wants fade more slowly than others, but they all seem to pale in comparison to the ways God has provided for our family. It's incredible to witness God working His purposeful ways in our lives.

I pray that I can be a bright light shining Christ's love to others. In a time when it is incredibly easy to be selfish and think about myself, I am reminded these days to give to others. I do not know exactly how God is going to use me, but I want to be used. I don't want to take these blessings and not give back. Why do I so easily forget how good it feels to give? Just give. No strings, no expectations, just giving of myself for God's glory. So much easier said than done. I am quietly fired up, though. Let's see where God takes my heart's desire. I bet it is even greater than I can imagine!

And I pray the same for you. May you be uplifted, encouraged and ignited by Christ's deep true love and purpose for you.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
-Proverbs 16:9 (NIV)

xoxo, Rachel

P.S. Big week ahead. You will definitely want to visit again! Trust me...

2 comments:

  1. oh....I'll be back! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thank you Rachel. I needed reminded of your message today. Been a little down in he dumps lately due to a loss recently. (I won't go into that here) The sure fire way to get out of the dumps is to go out and help someone else.

    That is what I am going to do today now that you reminded me from your sweet spirit. Thank YOU!

    Hugs,
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!