Archive

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Exciting News!!!

As we wrap up summer, one of the most energetic seasons of the year, the excitement is really just beginning. For weeks, I have been dreaming up just how to write this post. Seriously, weeks! You see, Mr. Schalk and I have embarked on the most creative adventure to date.

Can you guess what it is?


A little Schalkbaby is on the way!

Little Mr. Schalk driving the boat and yours truly with my signature "Moose" impression.
Circa... a really long time ago.


Yes, it's true! I've been wanting to share the news with you for sooo long! I hope you don't mind if this blog becomes overwhelmingly chock full of baby stories, photos and even more lovey dovey language than a bag full of powdered doughnuts. What can I say? I'm a wee bit excited. Of course, I will still be posting Jesus love talk, recipes, photos and plenty of other subjects so please don't be shy if babes aren't your thing. I love all my readers!

As mentioned, we are all very excited. The reaction of our family and friends have been priceless. I have treasured each squeal, each hug and each kind word deep in my heart. Babies just seem to make people happy! And let me tell you, Mr. Schalk and I are very happy (and sleepy...oh wait, that's just me.)

Now you know why my posting has been sporadic and more "yawn" than "wow" at times. Thanks for sticking with me. A few weeks of feeling icky and oh-so-tired seemed to really put a damper on my blogging. But have no fear, my faithful friends. I am feeling better each day and will posting a lot more in the coming months.

IMG_9330a_nw
Little baby, you are already loved beyond belief. Grow strong and happy and know you have lots of people praying and anticipating your arrival come February. Also, I hope you don't mind if we name you Bakerella (haha, I kid!)
So, here we go! Onto the next adventure of this life's journey. I'm so grateful to share it with the one and only Mr. Schalk. He really keeps me grounded these days.

P.S. Speaking of Mr. Schalkdaddy, he has really gone above and beyond the last few months. Cleaning, fixing up the house, making yummy meals and just being an amazing all around leader of this growing family. He deserves a hubster medal of honor! Thanks honey! You are loved more than you can imagine!!

xoxo, Rachel

17 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!! You are going to be an AMAZING mommy!!!! Congratulations!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh RAquel, I am thrilled beyond belief for you and the Mr!! You will be amazing parents! My youngest daughter is due the same timish, the end of February. It is her first baby as well. I shall keep you both in my prayers for the safe and healthy arrival of these two very special little souls! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to meet you, Bakerella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Sooo exciting!! Can't wait to hear all of the baby stories sure to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Congrats, congrats and send the same along to Brandon :) I pray many huge blessings upon your growing fam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderfully blessed news!! Yay for you and your growing family.. I cant wait to read about every kick!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm so happy for you guys! I love the pictures of you and Mr. Schalk, circa 'a really long time ago'. lol.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful! Congratulations to you and Mr. Schalk!
    Being pregnant was one of the most wondrous times of my life, esp. after the morning sickness was done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering if this news was coming soon...!!!! My heart is so happy for you and Mr. Schalk and I can't wait to baby blog friends with you (as well as baking, Jesus, etc.)! So terribly exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello and sorry for not having been frequent here of late. Life caught up with me (see my blog..).

    But how glad I am that I popped in today! To see your fabulous news! CONGRATULATIONS!
    I am thrilled for you (and the rest of the family!) and can't wait to follow the journey till 'D-day'!

    Biggest hugs and smiles!

    xx Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  11. what exciting news!!! congratulations! this baby is very luck to have you as parents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are adorable. Congrats on your big news. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow oh wow! Congratulations!!!!! That is so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!