A couple weeks ago Mr. Schalk and I went up north to the lake. We spent a lovely weekend with Mr. Schalk's family - boating, eating, laughing, and all kinds of general enjoyment. One of our favorite parts of the long weekend was a spur of the moment evening ski trip.
(I heart the Taylors...a lot! The looks on their faces are superb!)
I should clarify, I did not partake in the water skiing adventures. I tried a loooooong time ago and it was not a pretty site. I am not coordinated and have since been banned from water sports in no less than 14 states. I'm just sayin'. So, Bonnie and I and the rest of the Schalk/Taylor clan watched from the comfort of the boat while Mr. Schalk and his sister took to the water. Go Theresa and Mr. Schalk, go!
Mr. Schalk in all his water skiing wisdom spotted a flock of ducks along the way. Being wild at heart, he could not let this opportunity pass him up. He flew right towards the ducks! No worries, he didn't hurt them, he just, shall we say, grazed their presence. We were in awe. However, I don't even think it phased the quackers. Tough ducks of the north. It was a great trick from the Mister, that is for sure!
After the excitement of the evening's water sports, we all hunkered down in the boat and enjoyed the nighttime ride. Bonnie and Aunt Theresa loved watching the other boats and people around the lake. They are best buds!

A super fun spur of the moment evening. This is what memories are made of!
xoxo, Rachel




Love the pictures sis!! What GREAT memories! Love ya!!!
ReplyDeletefirst of all, i love love LOVE the name of your blog. the little story behind it is so adorable... :) very creative.
ReplyDeletesecond, awesome photos! looks like y'all had a good time.
Love your blog name as well!! =)
ReplyDeleteOh those pictures make me want to try water skiing again! it has been MANY years... I was never great at it... but it was fun and felt safer than downhill skiing!! ha ha.. thanks for the walk or ski down memory lane!! =)