Archive

Monday, July 12, 2010

Baking with friends is anything but snoozetastic!


plateIMG_1474

Hello friends!

I have been quite the slacking blogger these days. Thank you so much for sticking with me. I will be picking up steam in the coming weeks. Stories and recipes are rolling around in my head with the marbles and must come out soon!

A funny thing happened while I was baking this weekend (yay baking!) I was talking to YOU, in my head that is. Is that creepy or cool? Not sure. It was definitely fun. Random thoughts included, "How am I going to blog this?" and "Is this funny, interesting or snoozetastic?" and "What is cake's best angle for my friends to grasp the cinnamon aroma via the eeenternet?" Some of life's deepest questions, you know.

teaIMG_1502
I felt like you, my fantastic bloggy friends were in the kitchen with me, sharing the how to's and funny moments together. Wouldn't that be lovely? Laughing and baking over some tea and cookies. Too bad it was just in my head. I must say you make good company, even if it was imaginary.

"Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning."
-Gloria Steinem


SettingIMG_1424
So, grab your cup of tea and gather round. The table is set and ready! Let's bake and laugh and enjoy life's little blessings! (More fun posts to come!)

xoxo, Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's one fancy smancy place setting. I like it very much. It feels suitable for the queen of England or a cupcake for moose, which ever.

    I desperately want to bake with friends...sounds like so much fun. Actually, I just desperately want to bake these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing! In fact when I was making granola this weekend, I was wondering how to share the great aroma online. Love your blog, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute post. And oh my, that is such a beautiful place setting. Baking with friends DOES sound fun!

    PS: Your posts are most definitley not snoozetastic...no matter how you end up telling the story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderfully kind comments Julie, Carol and Emily! You ladies are the best! Thanks so much for visiting my little blog.

    P.S. Granola scratch n sniff computers sound like a genius idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!