Archive

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Veg Garden -Take 4

IMG_8185

It's been a while since I have posted about our cedar box veg garden. Where has the time gone? Ahh, that is just like summer, isn't it? You wait and wait and before you know it, it's here! Then, swoosh, off it goes again. You would think my camera would be capturing each fresh sunshiney moment along my jacket free days. Instead, I'm out and about leaving the lens behind. The abundance of Vitamin D must have gone straight to my brain. Ohh, I have summer brain! What a brilliant excuse for my forgetfulness...much better than being a bird brain. Summer brain for us all!

IMG_8187
Spinach from seeds and weeds from the evil weed princess!

Despite my summer brain I did manage to capture a few few close ups of the fruits of our labor. I failed to photograph our utterly gorgeous scarlet runner beans, but I'm sure they will show their faces in later posts. Blame it on...well, you know.

IMG_8182

How is your garden coming along? This being our first year, it is definitely a challenge. I'd love to know how you keep up and make your garden grow.

Happy Tuesday friends!
xoxo, Rachel


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to have a garden one day. Living in a dorm room kind of prohibits me having one now. Looks like yours is growing nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My garden is quite sad. I realized that it isn't getting enough sun light. It is growing, but not very well. 5 cherry tomatoes total, 7 jalapeno peppers, and one bell pepper this year. Winter project: have the Mr. move the garden.

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!