Archive

Monday, July 26, 2010

Remembering Vacation

IMG_9077_70a

It's another Monday 'round these parts. Mondays can be rough. Especially when you've been on vacation the past week. Ahhh, vacation! A week at Mackinac Island and Higgins Lake sure knows how to put you in a good mood.

Things that I did this past week:
  • Slept in every morning
  • Ate lots and lots of good food (post to come soon featuring Mr. Schalk's culinary creations...insert mouth watering now.)
  • Enjoyed gorgeous temperatures, sweet sunshine and long walks.
  • Hung out with a hunky husband and fluffy dog all week long (awesome!)
  • Saw Ms. Jolie's new film, Salt, at this old timey theater, the Pines:

  • Fine tuned the art of relaxing.
  • Had a great hike in our favorite northern Michigan state park, Hartwick Pines.
  • Smiled tons, worried little to none, and soaked up each beautiful sweet relaxing day.
Aren't vacations wonderful? It was a great week of getting recharged and energized for the "real world." It was certainly tough to get in the swing of things today, but the memories of another great vacation helped get us through. Today was a great day. Especially after the 5 o'clock bell rang.

Over and out!
xoxo, Rachel

7 comments:

  1. Sounds a lovely vacation Rachel! What a quaint old cinema!! Wonderful. How was the film? It looks good from the clips I have seen! Vacations are wonderful, I agree, but it is equally as wonderful to come home again at the end, as I think you'll agree, there is truly NO PLACE like home!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picture of the two of you. I've always wanted to go to Mackinaw Island. Sounds like so much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rachael,

    I just happened to stumble across your blog and I was enjoying all of the delightfulness when all of a sudden I recognized a person in a photo!!It was your dad holding your dear and brand new little niece. Then I recognized your mom. Then I took another look at you and realized I had met you once with your Dad at Jamies, then again at my house on the west side of Kokomo. You had stopped by when your dad was working his magic on our yard. Your dad has helped us off and on since the late 70's. My husband and I think he is great. Earlier today I left a phone message for your mom and dad to congratulate them on the birth of their first grandchild.

    Linda Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks amazing! I can't wait to go on vacation in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda!

    What a wonderful surprise! I'm so proud of my daddy and have a special place in my heart for his loyal customers. He has always spoken fondly of them. Thank you so much for the kind comment and message to my parents. They are very excited to be grandparents, especially to such a sweet baby girl as Genevieve.

    I love blog visitors and am so glad that you stumbled upon my blog. Come back anytime!

    Have a wonderful day Linda!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. your vacation sounds lovely and relaxing. You ate really good food. We lived on junk food and a lot of it. We're eating so healthy now that we're home. No more junk for us! I do miss being on vacation a lot though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely vacation! I'm glad you and Mr. Schalk had such a lovely time. The sky and water in your photos always look so dreamy! You two are cutie pies!!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!