Archive

Friday, June 18, 2010

Onward & Upward



Good Morning! You'll have to forgive my lack of blogging lately. It is not for lack of wanting to, but as you all know sometimes life beckons. I love this Bruce Barton quote. It is full of hope and inspiration, don't you think? Jesus makes all things possible that are for His glory. Even if the place he has you now is not ideal, or what you would have planned if given the choice. How many times have I been confused at my path only to look back and see God's hand all over it? Now, that my friends is true assurance. Even if the road to get there is rocky and uncertain. There is always a plan if we trust in God.

You know, I don't normally talk about my day job. No need to mix business with pleasure, if you get my drift. However, that is where my lack of visiting with you all lies. You see I made the big leap and am moving on. Have you ever gotten an offer that is so fitting with your skills and goals that you could not say no? That is what happened, and I prayed about it. Boy, did I pray. How was I to know if what I thought was a good opportunity was indeed right for me? Then, one day I felt extreme peace. And I knew. Even though my day job paid the bills and included some AMAZING co-workers I had to take this new adventure. I am very excited/nervous/excited/stressed/happy about the road ahead.

Thank you Susan for the super pretty wildflowers and Tuscan vase! Lovely!!

It is only fitting to express gratitude those lovely coworkers I mentioned. I have been blessed to make some wonderful friends at my now previous place of employment. I have never laughed so much even during stressful days. These ladies are kind, interesting and funny beyond funny! I mean, I could practically say "poop" and we'd all bust up laughing. (Sorry mom, for blogging the word "poop"....oops there I went again! :) )

My good friend Lorie bought me one of my most favorite things to receive - a cookbook! I LOVE not only learning new recipes from the pros, but also reading cookbooks. They are one of my favorite things. And who doesn't love Rachael!? Wait until I post some of these recipes. There are a billion good ones in here. Thank you SOOOO much Lorie! You're the bestest!


Look they threw me a little party! I honestly did not expect anything but a hug good bye. Instead I walked into the office to flowers, presents and a whole smorgasbord of goodies. Famous peanut butter cookies from April, Snickers Salad and Cherry + Pineapple cake from Lorie, cookies from Susan, yummy goodies from Chris, and tons of laughs from Amanda (with pup chow on her table....who hasn't done that a million times? No worries, we had plenty!) :)

Thanks Chris for the yummy coffee cake and brownies!


Roselyn coffee cake, infamous yet delicious. Roselyn bakery holds memories for many people in our area. I used to pick out my birthday cake from this bakery every year. The Liz and I would fight over who got to eat the pure sugar decorations on top. This was our favorite place to go for smiley face cookies, brownies and apple cider. Then one day Roselyn....well...we don't need to elaborate. Let's just say that you can now buy their goodies in the grocery aisle of your local Indy supermarket.

So thank you ladies! You are all so much fun and great to work with! I know the days could get stressful, but you always had a quick joke and great lunch time fun. I'll miss you all! Stay in touch!

xoxo, Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Oohhh I can't wait to hear about your new adventure! It's always sad and exciting all bundled together to move on to the next step in life. I'm very excited for you as you begin your new journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    God bless this new endeavor. I am a new follower of your blog and I love your heart for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement Julie! So many emotions, but all very exciting!

    Carol, thanks so much for the sweet comment and following my little ol' blog. I love meeting new friends! Blessings back to you, as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will continue to tell us about your new adventurous job. I'm dieing to hear! I love the Bruce Barton quote. Thank you Rachel for sharing it with us.

    You are an amazing girl with amazing talents and I cannot wait to here more about what God is up to in your life.

    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!