Archive

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer '10 Begins

Bonnie adores her Auntie Theresa!

Summer has officially begun! The first summer trip to the lake was the perfect R&R before a new week starts. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! Blue skies, sunshine and just a hint of cloud and breeze.

To top it off, Bonnie graduated from baby pup to big girl by swimming from the dock ALL the way to the boat and back...all by herself! It's a long way for a little pup, and a journey she was quite frightened of in summers past. Mr. Schalk and I were so proud. We didn't even have to coax her in. She was ready to swim! Way to go Bonnie girl!

My verse for the week. When anxiety creeps in I will try to remember the security and hope found in Christ alone.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)

Happy week friends!
xoxo, Rachel

P.S.

Happy Birthday Nathan! We had a BLAST hanging up north with you bro!

10 comments:

  1. One of my favorite bible verses Rachel! Loved the picture and congrats to Bonnie for the big swim!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky was so gorgeous! I love it when the clouds are so defined against the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie was a fast swimmer too!! She beat me to shore everytime. Her uncle and auntie are proud of her too! Nathan and I had a great time with you, Brandon, and Bonnie!!! Love ya lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that verse so much! It gives so much hope and peace.

    Rachel, your photography here is so beautiful. You took the photos right? The blue sky and clouds were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Rachel! I just saw where you opened your Etsy shop. I'm so excited for you. Your shop items are fabulous!

    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! So exciting that summer is FINALLY here

    : )

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie looks terrific in a boat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a perfect day! The sky is so blue :) And what a cute dog!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!