Archive

Monday, June 7, 2010

In the morning

early morning fog - june 2010

Mr. Schalk is a very talented photographer. Did you know that? I touched on it on the Bernheim post, but seriously folks, Mr. Schalk has mad camera skills. Much like bow hunting skills but better. Now that we are blessed to have two cameras, it makes picture taking even more fun. Even if I do have a bad habit of "stealing" Mr. Schalk's camera instead of using my own. Bad Rachel, bad. Oh, but it's sooo nice!

Photos are reflections of the way one views the world, right? Mr. S and I definitely have our own unique style even when traveling very similar paths. Mine is from a much shorter perspective. :) Just kidding...sort of. While I tend to get close up and in the face of flowers, food and subjects in general, Mr. Schalk takes a step back. He sees the forest when I see the trees.

The other day, Mr. Schalk took the camera on his way to work. He was on a mission.

Isn't fog ethereal? A familiar pathway wrapped in mysterious possibilities. What will the day hold? Will it be difficult? Will it be exciting? Will I find joy easily or be challenged to stretch beyond my expectations? Will I get a small coffee or large one? Oh, the questions of life.

Choosing to walk by faith into the unknown is not easy, but like these photos it can, and will, lead to beautiful results.

May you be strong in the knowledge that Jesus is with you both in the fog and as you emerge into the sunshine of the blessings in store for you.


You are loved,
xoxo Rachel

P.S. Thank you Mr. Schalk for sharing your photography with us!

5 comments:

  1. I love this post. I would say my husband and I are similar. Different perspectives is also so nice to have. Great photos and I love photos with fog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are really nice..:D

    Gemma X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said Rachel! Starting out in the fog usually brings us to surprising and beautiful discoveries in the end! There is just something about taking a chance before you know the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loves these pictures. They are straight out of a movie!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!