Archive

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Farm Fresh Delivery


Do you smell that? It's summer! Fresh veggies and fruits in abundance. Now that the sun is hanging out with us past nine there is a renewed energy in the air. My favorite season is fast approaching, and I am so excited!

My super duper friend, April, told me about a local delivery market in the Indy and Cincy areas called Farm Fresh Delivery. All I have to say is...

oh, my goodness...YUM!

Farm Fresh Delivery is genius. Their website pretty much sums up their mission,

"Farm Fresh Delivery connects Midwest food producers with Midwest communities through its year round home delivery service. Our direct line to organic vegetable producers guarantees our members the freshest organic produce on the market. Our “Farmers’ Market” on wheels provides our members with the best local groceries available in the Midwest. We are your connection to a Midwest food adventure. Our online grocery service provides all of your kitchen staples and delivers to your door!"

"Farmers Market on wheels" - I love that! We have now gotten two deliveries and have been thoroughly impressed. The photos are from our first delivery, which included nectarines, beets, blueberries, sweet corn, tomatoes, goat cheese, organic chicken breast, farm fresh eggs, and a ton more!



The fruits and veggies are delicious, super fresh and a great way to eat healthy. You can choose a weekly or bi-weekly delivery and customize your order each time. There is a $35 minimum purchase, but no delivery charge as long as you return the bin and freezer packs. For us, it is working really well.

Farm Fresh Delivery has not only helped make our dinners and snacking more healthy and diverse, but it has seriously cut down my trips to the grocery. Which means those tempting treats (aka: bad snacks) that used to call me from the aisles are kept at bay. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Instead, we are feasting on these kinds of goodies...

So good!

If you happen to live in Indianapolis or Cincinnati area I would highly recommend Farm Fresh Delivery. It supports local farms, keeps you healthy with loads of organics and let's not forget the convenience factor. Delivered to your door in a sturdy green tote with freezer packs to keep the cold stuff cold for hours.


Also, they have a bunch of items other than fruits and veggies. Check out their site - they have everything from honey, crackers and pasta sauce to spices, cheeses and cereal. Very cool, very tasty, and so fun to customize each week (or every other week in our case).

Do you have a service like this in your area? Do you use it? Like it? Rather shop at a store? If you are considering getting started with Farm Fresh Delivery at your home and have any questions feel free to email me at rachel at schalkboardstudio dot com. I'm no expert, but I am happy to share my experience and answer any questions I can.

Happy food adventures to you!

xoxo, Rachel

8 comments:

  1. That looks oh-so-yummy! Just heard that our farmer's market in town has opened up so I plan to visit this weekend. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I mentioned lately how much I wish Nate & I could hang out with you and Brandon? We could swap garden stories and eat local food together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious looking veggie box! It looks like what they send is of very good quality! Too bad I live so far away! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks soo yummy and so fresh! The colours are great : )

    Gemma @ http://musings-of-a-gem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did it too!! We just got our first shipment last Friday...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. My uncle is an organic farmer in PA, and he has an "online farmers market" - you build your own custom box with whatever you want that's fresh that week, and the family packages it up and delivers it to one of two satellite locations or you can just swing by his weekly market in Washington DC and skip the crowds and lines and pick up your box. I love the concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome thing this "Fresh Market on Wheels" is! Wow, I hope something like that starts up near my home close to Ft. Wayne IN. The fruit in your photo look delicious and oh so good for you. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good idea! I have a fruit stand close by me here in Toronto and they always have a tonne of variety (fruits and veggies) and it's fresh daily!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!