
This past week Mr.
Schalk and I had the pleasure of joining up with some old college friends,
Chad and Leslie, for an evening downtown. The
Historical Society hosts the "Concerts on the Canal" every Thursday evening in the summer. It was the perfect night for it, which is a blessing considering we have had quite a few rain storms lately. Great to sleep in storms, but not so great to have a picnic with them. Storms = bad picnic company. But you already knew that.

Some people buy tickets for a table and front row seat to the show. Other people, ahem, like yours truly, sit on the grassy bank by the canal. To be honest, I prefer our venue. Everyone is relaxed with their own food, chairs, blankets and pups. We saw a boatload of great doggies! I should have taken a picture of each one. People and pups alike love the canal. It is full of energy yet at the same time relaxing and calm. Water has that effect, don't you think?

What a great evening for a picnic and jazz!

Thanks friends for a great evening! Can't wait to do it again!
xoxo, Rachel
About A Cupcake for Moose
Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!
xo, Rachel
All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!
That sounds like a great way to spend an evening!
ReplyDeleteFun with friends. Can't beat that:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun evening Rachel! You are such a cute couple! I just LOVE seeing pictures of the two of you together! xxoo
ReplyDelete