Archive

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Veg Garden - Update Numero Tres

Our little garden is growing like weeds! Oh wait, not like weeds. That would be bad. Growing like...uh...er...like gangbusters. Yes, that's it! Our "organic matter" and the spring showers have really helped the veg plants to get the nutrients and moisture they need to take off.

Please indulge me while we take a walk down memory lane. C'mon, it will be fun!

Just planted...

Mint 4.25.10 - Aww how cute!

One month later...

Mint 5.23.10 - Taste tested and flavor approved!

Just planted...

Lettuce Greens 4.25.10 - How pretty!

One month later...

Lettuce Greens 5.23.10 - Yummy!

(Note: The weeds are also growing like crazy, but who wants to see close ups of those? Just keepin' it real folks!)


And you can't have a veg garden update without this guy...

Cauliflower Baby! 5.23.10


I can't wait to see what goodies these cedar boxes contain in the month ahead. I feel a salad coming on!


Hope you all had lovely weekends!
xoxo, Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, your garden is doing so well!! Something is eating our cabbages. They have not progressed very well at all. There are other things popping up, but I fear we started everything all a bit too late. :-( Oh well, next year we will be able to put everything in a lot sooner coz we won't be moving! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something magical about growing your own vegetables. Planting, watching them grow and finally they will end up on a lovely plate. Do enjoy your gorgeous garden, Rachel. Have a happy week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also do love cultivate herbs in my garden! My favorite is my basil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great job! :) And I'm loving reading your blog! Glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!