Archive

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Friday Pretties: Tea Cups!

A sweet gift from Mr. Schalk - xoxo

It's Friday my friends. Yay! Joyce over at I Love Pretty Little Things is having Friday Pretties. She let anyone who wanted to join in the fun do just that. Isn't that nice of her? Joyce has a lovely blog full of all kinds of sweet pretties. I especially adore her tea cups. I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but I love tea and all the accouterments it brings along. Bring on the party!

Mackinac Beauty

When Mr. Schalk and I were newlyweds I decided to start collecting things here and there to form my own tea set. Not a matchy matchy set for this Moose. Just a set of unique memories that created a full set (or two). Not being in any hurry, especially in our little apartment, I collected a couple pieces a year. I am no where near a whole set, but I do have some gorgeous pieces.

Ohhh la la!

My sister, The Liz, bought me a cup and saucer from Paris. Other pieces came from dear friends and vacations to Mackinac Island and The Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg, Kentucky. It's such a fun past time and helps curb the desire to buy trinkets on vacation that I will never use. Instead I try to find one piece for my tea set that will help me remember the trip and have a lovely memory attached. Double win!



Happy Friday Pretties! I can already smell the weekend...oh wait, that's Bonnie! :)

xoxo, Rachel

6 comments:

  1. So Pretty! I have such a love of old dishes, and the tea cups and cups and saucers get me every time. I do love the ones with a memory or story behind them. So Lovely! Thank you for playing along today!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you ever choose which to
    grace with your tea! they are all
    so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so lovely...just popped over from Joyce's pretty blog and so glad I did...love your tea cups...tea cups always makes my heart sing. Your blog is so lovely...must go follow. Hugs for a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rachel, I love your teacups! I love a tea party any day too! My daughter collects tea pots. I could really get into the idea of collecting tea cups too.

    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I am visiting you from Joyce's Friday Pretties. I truly love the teacups you have shown us. They make my heart sigh. I'm especially drawn to the last one, which has such a vintage feel to it. I think it's so wonderful that you are collecting slowly and meaningfully and that you don't mind not having a matchy-matchy set. I have often collected a lot of drinking glasses, partly because they are something I can use every day and relive the memories from the day I found them. The small things in life. Wishing you a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel, just found you through Friday Pretties. Your teacups are adorable, you photographed them beautifully! Love your Etsy picks in your side bar, that very first image... sigh... definitely a wanna-have!
    Will follow you from now on so I do not have to miss any future posts.
    Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!