Archive

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday Trifecta: Strawberry Smoothies!

Summer is on its way and with it comes a whole plethora of warm weather treats. Local veggies, bountiful fruits and summertime desserts are on their way. Today, I have had the pleasure of joining up with two great friends, Julie and Liz, on a Tuesday Trifecta post. We met in college and have stayed connected via our blogs and FB, which is such a treat indeed!

Julie must be the "smart" one because trifecta is such a far cry from my vocabulary of "lovely" "sweet" and "Bonnie" that I had to google it so I could use it correctly in a sentence. This is what it told me. I still don't quite know how to use it, so if I fail miserably just read over the rambling and look at the pretty pictures...

...ohhhh berries! Pretty berries!

Our first Tuesday Trifecta collaboration smoothies with the common ingredient of strawberries. I can't wait to see what kinds of strawberry smoothies Julie the LC and Liz in wanderland dream up. This is our first joint force post project, so you may need to visit their blogs throughout the day until their posts are up. Then again, I could be the last to the party and the wait is on me. Oh my!

milk + strawberries + yogurt = bliss!
(didn't know I was so good at math, did you?)

I went the simple route so the strawberries would shine. This little recipe made just enough for Mr. Schalk and myself. It was nice and fruity, with soft hints of vanilla and summertime. Not too sweet, but a perfect treat after an evening of grilled pork loin, red potatoes with peppers and goat cheese toasties (thank you Mr. Schalk, you sly fox and grill master supreme!).



Simple Strawberry + Vanilla Smoothies for 2

1 pint strawberries, rinsed, sliced and a few eaten for "quality control"
8 oz vanilla milk (one take 'n' go individual serving worked perfectly)
5-6 ice cubes
1 cup vanilla yogurt

Blend all together, reserving a few strawberries. Cut the remaining strawberries into small bit and stir into smoothie. You can also garnish with a berry for fun. Drink and enjoy!


P.S. I used my handy dandy immersion blender. I heart this little guy! Whoever bought it for us for our wedding...THANK YOU! Very cool gift! It worked great for making two smoothies and was a breeze to clean up.

Sidenote: I don't own a blender, but I'd be happy to review one and blog about it. You know, for ALL those blender companies reading my blog (ha...to the ha...to the ha ha). No really, contact me!


Happy smoothie making Julie, Liz and all my sweet blog friends. Let summer begin!

xoxo,
Rachel

7 comments:

  1. "and a few eaten for quality control" - hee hee, that just made me giggle. And my daughter, who was reading over my shoulder. I love your photos, although it does remind me that my kitchen is far from photo-worthy cleanliness.

    Amy J. (Table of R...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Thanks so much for visiting my little blog, my VdC friend! Don't be fooled, my kitchen is not always clean. Thank goodness I don't use a wide angle lens. :)

    Have a great (rainy) day!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcus thought of TRIFECTA - I, like you, also had to google it. It has such a daunting sound to it. And I plan to just leave it in the title and not use it too much in sentence form :-). Rach, your pics are to die for! Seriously. I like the immersion blender idea. Maybe I should seek out a company who would like me to review their immerision blenders. I like the way you think! I wrote my blog last night, so I didn't read yours before, which made it even more fun to see what your take was on the Strawberry Smoothie. I can see that I'm going to love Tuesdays now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty pictures!. is it just me or is photographing a smoothie REALLY hard? like..to make it look totally not gross and soupy? i love that you kept it real. vanilla and strawberries. so legit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looked heavenly. How did you know I love strawberry smoothies??

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is impressive. I've been searching for tutorials like this for almost a week and i tend to not understand all of them except your post. It's a good thing you made it in a step by step process. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious. I just bought way too many strawberries (as if there were such a thing...) and I am gathering multiple forms of 'engulfing'. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!