Archive

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Quick Fix: Triple Chocolate Cookies

Mr. Schalk and his wife - IMA, May 2010


Some days just throw you for a loop. Today was a fine day despite the hum drum weather. Nothing out of this world, but pleasant all the same. Then, something happened. Ker plunk when my attitude. Wait? Where did it go? I know I put "happy peppy Rachel" here somewhere.

Oh darn, I lost her. Poor Mr. Schalk. No worries, he was outside making our cedar veg boxes look oh-so-nice. That man is such a hard worker. I love him to pieces! By the way, we are getting little veg sprouts. We are so excited to see growth! More to come on that later.

I am not sure why my evening took a nose dive, but I just wasn't my usual chipper self. A little exercise and a good night's sleep will do the trick. Too bad the exercise went out the window when these happened...


What can I say? I'm a sucker for chocolate. Hello, chocolate, I love you.

I made Melanie's Double Chocolate cookies via Tasty Kitchen. Oh my goodness, good! I did tweak a bit, adding 1/2 cup more flour and bumping the temp to 350 (baked 11 minutes per sheet). Other than that, I used her recipe to a T. Melanie's super cool food blog is here. You should check her out.

She had this part where you melt chocolate and butter and mix it into the cookie batter. First of all, it was super fun to melt two of my favorite ingredients into buttery choco blissdom. Second, the cookies were the perfect texture. Not too fudgey, but not dry at all. Since, I didn't have M&M's on hand I tried a few different mix ins. Milk Chocolate chips went into all the batter. Then, a sheet of plain, some with walnuts, some with white chocolate chips and a few with andes mints bits sprinkled on top.

My fave? The plain milk chocolate chip. What can I say? I'm a simple girl at heart. One of those with a tall glass of milk and my baditude was out the window. Simple as that! Thanks Melanie! So fun to find you (& your yummy cookie recipe!)

xoxo, Rachel

7 comments:

  1. Those Look Delicious!!! I wish I had someone one living in this house who was ready, able and willing to make me some! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like the plain milk chocolate best as well! Simple girls are we both!! Loved the cute pic of you with your hubby! You are such a sweet couple! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Pretty Things, I would definitely come over and bake for you! It'd be loads of fun. Marie, the plain ones are so good that I had one with my coffee this morning. Shh, don't tell. :)

    Kari, I'm glad you think they look good since they are coming with me and Mr. Schalk to your house tonight for small group. But you probably already figured that out. A Moose can only eat so many cookies herself. :) See you Schoons soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's probably no human being walking this earth right now that hasn't tasted candy in his life and didn’t love it. Most of us simply know these treats as sweet to our tongue, but they are actually so much more interesting than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better again.
    I am sure these delicious cookies helped! YUM - they look so great!

    Have been meaning to write to you for a while now and say 'thank you' for an incredibly sweet comment on my blog. It was so nice and genuine and I felt happy for a long time having read it.

    Thank you also for putting me on your blogroll. The ultimate declaration of friendship! You're on mine too sweetie.

    Hope the weekend has been relaxed and full of smiles.

    Have a great new week!

    x Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me so hungry!!!!! I love the picture of you and your hubby too!

    Rachel,
    Your comment on my blog today made me cry with joy!!! And honey, you are never too wordy for me the wordy word girl. I am so happy that God used my post to encourage you to do what your heart is saying to do. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I am cheering you on and am right behind you. I am working towards opening up an ETSY store too, so we can encourage one another through to the finish. By the way, your photography is beautiful. I have always thought so and you should definitely put them into your Etsy store. You have a wonderful gift Rachel. Actually, you have another wonderful gift, and that is the one called encouragement. Thank you for encouraging me. We should exchange emails so we can motivate one another in opening our ETSY stores. leeannisafriend@gmail.com

    Hugs,
    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!