Archive

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Baby Shower!

Gorgeous cake with an edible screen print of the nursery rhyme theme.
And it tasted a.m.a.z.i.n.g! Vanilla almond with buttercream frosting. Yes please!

My sister, The Liz, and her hubs, Gavin, are having a sweet baby girl this summer! As you can imagine, we are all very excited to welcome a little one into the family. When my 97 year old Grandpa found out Sis was having a baby, he said, "Call her Shorty." Mi papa, Mr. Ed, and I think this is quite funny since Shorty is Grandpa's nick name. One of his friends couldn't pronounce Floyd so he called Grandpa "Shorty" his whole life. Ironically, Grandpa is not even short. :) Too funny! So, since baby's name is a surprise, I like to call her "Shorty" in honor of Grandpa's request. Grandpa, along with Mr. Ed, came up with "Moose" when I was born so I'm thinking they have a way of creating long lasting nicknames. Just a hunch.

Mamas & Sisters
Blakeley, me, my mama, The Liz, Karen (Gavin's mama), Chelyan and Brittany

Gavin's amazing sisters threw them a beautiful baby shower. Love was definitely in the air as we all celebrated Liz, Gavin and the little girl on the way.

Liz hugging Brittany just after she entered the party room. So sweet. Sister was really touched.

Marlene, the kind woman in the top left photo adores my sis. Of course, who doesn't adore The Liz? She is one of those people you instantly gravitate towards. Marlene hand made Liz and Gavin a beautiful baby blanket, a cloth book, a sock monkey and a pretty Raggedy Ann doll all for Shorty. Kindness above and beyond! Isn't that monkey adorable?! And do you see all the onesies in the room? They were so much fun with different sayings and cute pictures. Most adorable decorations ever! You girls rock!!

Super fun games!


A perfect shower for sis and Gavin! My mama had onesies embroidered with the days of the week...in French. So them! Liz's good friend and college roommate, Leah, even coordinated getting a special present to her for the shower. So thoughtful! She adored the gifts, especially the ballet socks and swaddle blanket. And the "Mac Baby" onesie "decoration"...also perfect for this little Mac loving family! Nice touch Brittany! See Gavin, the proud daddy-to-be recording everything? Pink doesn't scare him! Bring on the sweetness!

Look, another man! Blakeley's hubby David was around, too, once most of the estrogen had dissipated. :) He was a trooper and really helped set up and get things ready. Aren't they the most adorable couple ever?! These newlyweds are completely in love! I wish they would move to Indiana so Mr. Schalk and I could hang out with them often. They are so fun!

Me, Mama, Seester and Shorty

Thanks for inviting us to share in the fun ladies! You are all so very thoughtful! Shorty is going to have the most loving aunties and family ever. Just make sure I get plenty of hug time in...I can't wait to smell Shorty's head! Babies smell divine...and when they don't smell so fresh you pass them to mama. hehe :) That's why I'm the little sis.

xoxo, Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Oh what fun Rachel!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! I have loved all the pictures. Your sister got some lovely gifts and you all look so happy! I like Grandchildren for the same reason. You get to enjoy all the good stuff, and the rest??? Well you just hand them back to mom and dad! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Rach! looks like sooo much fun!!! Congrats Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and cute baby shower! I love how they used the Onesies as a decoration. I want to remember that one.

    Sisters are Great!!! I love the picture of you, you Mom, "Seeter" and little Shorty. Aaaahhh...Family.

    Just want to make sure- Do you want to be a part of "Friday Pretties"?

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to be an auntie?!?! That's the best! I'm so excited for your family!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!