Archive

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday Trifecta: Ice Cream Sundae

Happy Tuesday everyone! This week's Tuesday Trifecta is the always delicious, always fun, always unique...
Ice Cream Sundaes!

The possibilities for creating an ice cream sundae are virtually endless. Had I thought this one out I would have made the world's best praline sauce. It is the most velvety, carmely tasty topping ever dreamed up. And, it's been a while since I've made it so I would say it is high time for another go around. I will certainly be posting that recipe in the near future. The danger in making it is that I may get up in the middle of the and drink it all. You think I'm kidding...try me!

I wonder what kind of sweet and fantastic creations my blogging buddies, Julie and Liz, will be coming up with? Something fantastic we can be sure! They are oozing with creativity and loveliness.


This time I decided to have some fun. Vanilla ice cream with sprinkles, melted milk chocolate that wonderfully turned into a "magic shell" of sorts once it hit the cold stuff, sprinkles and duh, duh, duh...blackberries! Oh, and I threw in a cinnamon stick, too. Because I'm crazy like that!

And you thought wine glasses were just for wine. It made the perfect dish for an individual serving of sugary happiness!

The juxtaposition of this picture cracks me up! It is so ME! An ice cream sundae loaded with sweetness and berries alongside an organic gardening magazine. Sweet and odd, that is interestingly what is beside my name in the dictionary, as well.

Make sure to stop on over to the Lactation Chic and Miss Wanderland herself to see their Sundae Specialties! If there posts are not up yet, check back later this morning. You are sure to be amazed and amused.

Also, check out Julie's hippie fair thoughts (so funny!) and Liz's take on Bakerella's Congo Bars. I almost called off of my day job to drive up and steal those bars while she was asleep. They look THAT good!

Have a wonderful Tuesday friends! Treat yourself to something sweet - with or without sugar! :)

xoxo, Rachel

5 comments:

  1. I'm lovin your sundae! It reminds me of when we used to go to all you can eat buffets growing up and I would end up putting every toping possible into my sundae, b/c I just couldn't choose one. It looks quite yummy and I'm drooling, even though I haven't even had breakfast yet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mmm . . . looks sooooooo good Rachel! You do know how to make my tastebuds tingle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juxtaposition!
    What a great word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this yesterday and had to pick up sundae fixin's on the way up to parents' place for dinner: Chocolate sauce, sprinkles, bananas and some seriously killer french vanilla ice cream. Totally hit the spot. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!