Archive

Friday, April 16, 2010

Random Friday

Moose & Monkey - Higgins Lake, Summer 2006

I may or may not have spent most of the evening rummaging through old albums (or cd's as some refer to them) and putting them on my iTunes. And I may or may not have spent another good portion of my Friday evening perusing old photos on my hard drive.

The Liz - circa 1983-ish

Alas, you may be thinking, "Dang, this girl needs to get a life." Perhaps, but I'm thinking life is pretty good. I am the lucky lady who found not only her favorite Beach Boys album but also a random album titled, "Happy Happy Country - SC or bust!" Yep, verbatim baby. The title not the brand (confused yet?)

SC meaning South Carolina. Mr. Schalk and I took a sweet trip to the Palmetto State in 2004 with my super cool parents. We had a blast with our film camera and sandals. Sunshine, bbq, ocean breezes and great company! We can't wait to go back sooner than later!

Mr. Ed & Little Moose - 1986

Random Friday indeed! Thanks for taking this trip down memory land with me. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy life!

xoxo, Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh . . . trips down memory lane are the bestest of all! I often go there and I enjoy each visit. I enjoyed yours too! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking through old photos . I love the picture with you and your dad, except it made me feel pretty darn old since I graduated from high school in 86. So happy to have found your blog, I love it .

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...thanks for the lovely comments ladies! So glad to hear from old friends and new friends alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ARE young! I love your pictures and your trip down music and memory lane!

    Hey, that's my sister up there from The Ruffled Nest. I was her guest blogger once and I took a trip down memory lane for the post that I did. It's so much fun to go back...
    Have fun in your new garden!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!