I know this blog can get a little roses and butterflies sometimes but I have to tell you…
I genuinely like nice people.
It warms my heart when people are kind to each other. I don’t even have to be part of the conversation. Just sitting and listening to people talk kindly to one another puts a big cheesy grin on my face. Especially, when it’s not easy. Sometimes the easy route is too ignore or be rude to someone else. Trust me, I have taken that “easy” road far too many times. My brother-in-law’s brother (my??? Faux bro-in-law?) once had a blog called Loving People is Hard. I don’t know if he still keeps it up, but every once in a while that line pops into my head.
Loving People IS hard. Yes, it really is. But it is necessary. And in the end it’s a ripple effect. People ENJOY being around kind people. And I for one enjoy being around myself when I’m kind and joyful. I may not always be happy, but I can always be joyful. Grateful. And kind.
James chapter 2 gives some helpful insight into being kind to others and the value in not showing judgment.
Talk and act like a person expecting to be judged by the Rule that sets us free. For if you refuse to act kindly, you can hardly expect to be treated kindly. Kind mercy wins over harsh judgment every time. -James 2:12-13 (MSG)
The joy of the Lord is your strength. -Nehemiah 8:10 (NIV)
One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?""The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one." Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these." -Mark 12:28-31 (NIV)
Hope your weekends are going well dear friends!
xoxo, Rachel

I, for one, happen to like roses and butterflies. That's probably why I love your blog so much! I like nice people too, and you are "nice people!" xxoo
ReplyDeleteI am SO with you on this one.
ReplyDeleteI recently blogged about it in relation to an award I won. I am so for acts of kindness, love of the world and those in it. Lovely post sweetie!
x Charlotta
And you my dear, are a shining light that makes us all feel special with your joy! You are a great example. Thank you.. I so agree with you. Everyone, even those who may on the outside say stay away from me, want to be shown kindness and love...and really it's such a simple thing that we can give.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog post Rachel. It's all about love, isn't it? I read somewhere that people need love most when they deserve it the least.
ReplyDeleteHave a joyful day!
I enjoyed this post so much. It will stay with me for a while. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteThank you all for the lovely, honest comments. You are all quite kind friends!
ReplyDelete-Rachel