Archive

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Meat & Potatoes

The day started out with this for lunch. Salad. Full of good veggies, nuts and parmesan. Traded the dressing for EVOO and gobbled it down. You know I love my veggies, but the salad was really in preparation for this...


Meat and Potatoes! Yes, it happened. And yes, it was good. Very good! This post is not for my vegetarian friends (sorry Liz).

To start at the beginning, Mr. Schalk and his new friend have gotten acquainted over the last week...

(Click on image for a very good review. Mr. Schalk can vouch for its greatness, as well.)

This book deals out a plethora of recipes, how-to's and general techniques to turn anyone from a ho-hum griller to a grill master!


Oh meat! I love you dearly. I try to stay away and you tempt me with your goodness.


Mr. Schalk used recipes found in the book for his ribs including a homemade spice rub and basbequeue sauce. Yep, it sounds better to say bbq like that….baaaaazzzzbeeeecueww.

Say it out loud and tell me if you don’t start smiling (and drooling a little). Well, on second thought, don’t tell me. I’d rather picture you getting all teary eyed over basbequeue drenched ribs. I am getting a little veclempt myself over the thought.


No, we did not eat ALL those at once. :)

The Mister worked his magic, yet again, on our weekend dinner and I….uh….did something less productive. What that was, I cannot remember, but I'm sure it was enjoyable at the time. I am rarely bored, but lack in short term memory skills. What was I doing again?


All I can remember is that I was soooo excited for grill food. I love it when summer (or April) begins!


Doesn't Mr. Schalk look handsome by his grill? We had a blast relaxing in the yard and chit chatting with our neighbors. We also got a kick out of watching Bonnie run around with the glee in the warm-ish weather.


This is not the world's best picture, but it does showcase the potatoes quite nicely. Is there anything better than fried smashed reds? Very little, my friend. Very little.
Somebody remind me it's almost bathing suit season. Ohh, sorry for the buzz kill. We will forget I said that.

More meat and potatoes please!

xoxo, Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Oh, perfect combination! The meat's sauce looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO HUNGRY after viewing that delicious meat and potatoes meal. Yum! and yes your Mr. Schalk looks very handsome. You are a very handsomy couple!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!