Archive

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tea Parties & Johnny Depp

Growing up, I was not much of an Alice in Wonderland groupie. Sure, I watched the Disney film and knew the plot, but that was about it. Perhaps it had to do with the blond hair. Can you believe I gravitated towards dark haired heroines? I know, shocker! Although, just to turn things all topsy-turvy the Liz and I loved Sleeping Beauty. Oh, those fairy godmothers were the berries! Aurora was a babe even with blondie-locks!

All I’m saying is that Alice never really got my creative juices flowing. It was all a bit odd and out-of-sorts, even for me. Which is funny because I’ve always been a bit odd from day one. Maybe it was the Mad Hatter who put me over the edge. I mean, he was MAD for goodness sake.

Then, 2010 happened. And Johnny Depp happened. He is the ultimate Mad Hatter! His kids have got to think he is the coolest dad ever!

Yes, it’s unanimous. He is one hip dad. And a super cool actor to boot!

So, Johnny became the Mad Hatter and my world was turned upside down. He is endearing and funny and a wee bit handsome (if you turn your head to the side, adore speech impediments and remember it’s Johnny Depp we are talking about).

And Alice was a dearie! Her dresses, her spirited persona, lovely indeed! Not to mention, the colors in this film were a complete dream!

All that to say (and it is a LOT to say) that when I went to see Alice a couple weeks ago I did not think it would stick with me for so long. I thought it would be fun to see in 3D and was in the mood for a movie.

But something clicked.

I cannot stop thinking about the colors, the tea party, the energy, and all the ways to add zest to my own party. Of course, the Alice themed posts are not helping me get past my fast-growing fascination.

Make your own flowery sugar cubes. Divine!


Mushroom shortbread beauties. Oh my!

Both pictures courtesy of the Bake It Pretty blog. Be still my heart.


Will someone please have a tea party with me? I will serve tea in pretty little cups and make sweet cookies and cucumber sandwiches. Let’s have a tea party outside on a picnic blanket. Even better!

Dreaming the day away,

xoxo, Rachel


Sidenote: (or would it be bottom note in this case?)

I'm SO making these mushroom cutie caps asap! Don't worry your pretty little heads, I will (as usual) be blogging all about the adventure! Before or after I blog about this HILARIOUS post is yet to be determined.

Julie = awesomeface!

6 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about this movie. I hated it growing up, but I'm secretly dying to watch in it 3-D - for the colors! They look brillant.

    Yes, please to a tea party. I adore tea parties. Boys do not adore them so much. I desperately need girly girlfriends in DC!

    Glad you like my post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is tea party inspiration for you:

    http://27.media.tumblr.com/D0iY7xj1cqu20lky6o0zd65Go1_500.png

    mmmmm. lets plan one!!
    it will be the coolest party of the century!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great movie! And you can never have too much Depp! What a fun tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Which is funny because I’ve always been a bit odd from day one." hahaha... funny, me too.

    in real life i like johnny depp sort-of. but in movies i love him. i love him in pirates, and i love him as a drug addict in blow. what is wrong with me? i don't like real people, only completely derranged characters in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on the fence on this one. I mean the hair alone on ol Depp could trigger some sort of seizure within me, I believe. My hubby wants to take me, so if I have to sit through a weirdo movie to go out on a hot date with my BFF, so be it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think I wanted to see this movie but I've been hearing such good things about it! Sounds like I will try and see it this weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!