
I could not wait to try my hand at Bake It Pretty's mushroom cap cuties! They were so adorable, and I had been thinking about them for oh-so-long. At least, 2 whole weeks! In fact, I was looking forward to baking these gems so much that I made it my Friday evening activity. Because that is what a twenty-something year old does on a Friday night, right?
Right!
Glad we got that cleared up.
I do love baking on Friday evenings. It is relaxing and fun and a good wind down from the week. I wonder if God is tugging my heart to glorify Him through baking? It makes me incredibly happy to bake. I firmly believe that God gives us each skills and interests that when pursued make way for his truth to be shared easily and comfortably. Some skills are jobs, others hobbies, but all can be used for God's glory. I for one get charged up hearing about people's stories and journeys, especially when you can tell it is a passion of theirs. Mmmm, these are the thoughts that run through my head.
Now, where was I? Ahh, yes, mushroom cookies fit for Alice!


So, out came the apron and the mixer and off I went! The recipe was super easy to follow and made a very nice shortbread consistency. I used the paddle instead of the whisk because that is what Bake It Pretty did. How do you know when to use one and when to use the other? Can someone enlighten me, please and carrots?
After preparing the dough came the fun part! Nothing says crazy Friday night like a beer bottle dipped in....cocoa! Yes, the bottle was thoroughly cleaned first. Goofy!
Even Mr. Schalk partook in a bit of the dipping fun. Who could resist?!Before...
Oh my, adorable little mushroom caps! Does that make this a healthy cookie? Wouldn't that be fabulous? But not if it actually tasted like mushrooms. Eww!Off to the oven they went and ta da!
Crumbly and delectable! I liked the flavor and am going to play around with the texture. I may change the flour to cornstarch ratio just a bit to my liking. I also have a yummy sugar cookie recipe that this technique might work on. I plan on sharing the recipe in the future, because it is delightful indeed!
Thank you Bake It Pretty for making my Friday night super fun! Thanks for sharing your recipe, tips and having an amazing bake store!Have a great weekend everyone!
xoxo, Rachel


i was listening to an incredible sermon the other night. and the pastor was talking about the unique ways we feel drawn toward loving jesus. BEYOND prayer and reading the bible. the unique every day things. he was saying things like 'emotive music, sharing a good meal with friends, the smell of strong coffee in the morning'... I know I definitely love jesus a whole bunch when I am baking, when I am fixing breakfast, morningtimes, etc... sounds weird but it is what it is! keep baking girl!
ReplyDeleteOh how adorable are those cookies! I would love to have a Kitchen Aid in my kitchen. Alas, I do not. Perhaps one day, then I could maybe enlighten you . . . I love the act of creating . . . be it baking, sewing, painting . . . I always feel closer to God when I am engrossed in one of these activities. Maybe it is because He is the Master of all creation!!
ReplyDeleteThose are absolutely adorable! Using the beer bottle to make the stem is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteAnd I think that baking on a Friday night is a great way to end the week :)
Those are TOO CUTE!!! I love them! <3 How yummy.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, i want to eat one of these right now!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I totally thought these were real mushrooms at first!! I am not a fan of the real thing but my husband loves them. I think this will be a happy medium for us. :) I will have to try these out! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete