
Oh my goodness! This is unprecedented for A Cupcake for Moose...two posts in one day! I just could not resist. How could I go to sleep tonight without sharing this...
...the best and easiest chocolate ganache EVER!
It all started when I made some cuppies for a co-worker's birthday. We take turns making treats for birthdays and I'm up for tomorrow. I whipped up some peanut butter chocolate cookie bars, but I wanted to make something else. Something fun with items I had on hand (a la today's previous post).
I went hunting for a good chocolate frosting recipe of sorts. I thought I'd try a recipe from Tasty Kitchen and found this Chocolate Ganache from Sweet Savory Life. All I have to say is...Oh My GOODNESS!
I had some semi-sweet chocolate on hand, so I ran to the store and bought some heavy cream and I was set. I added vanilla extract because I'm crazy like that. Other than that, I followed her instructions to a T, and it turned out perfectly!
It was all I could do to keep from seriously drinking the ganache. It was heavenly smelling! However, my cupcakes were sitting there in all their nakey glory and we could not have that. They needed dressed up!
As you'll see on her post chocolate ganache can be used in various ways. I tried one glazed and it was pretty.Glazed was nice, but piping sounded like an adventure! Mr. Schalk's sweet parents bought me an super cool toy for Christmas. It's my new best friend!
Delicious chocolate-y heat!
Piping is so much fun! I ran out of cuppies way too fast!
Please, check out Alice's recipe on Tasty Kitchen or her blog, Sweet Savory Life! I can't wait to try it with some other chocolates. The semi-sweet was quite decadent without being too sugary! I saw a butter cream recipe on her site and am excited to try that, as well. Oh my, I think I've found my calling!Have a great week dearies!
xoxo, Rachel


oh my!!! look at those!!
ReplyDeleteits true....you are now a food blogger. please be a food blogger every day with some new tasty treat or dish?!?!
p.s.
despite it being the odd one out, i think the glossy cupcake with sprinkles was my faav!
Oh yummy! Those look so tasty Rachel!! Excellent piping there! You did really well.
ReplyDeleteI think I might agree with Liz, you might just be a food blogger...at least 1/2 food blogger :-). You create the most beautiful food (especially sweet food) and then (the tricky part) you capture it perfectly via picture and story.
ReplyDeleteoooh..I love both looks..but the piped ones are so different. I'm not a big cupcake maker, but I just may have to try this! Thanks for posting :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much ladies! I'm loving the 1/2 food blogger idea, Julie! Marie, you are a doll. I wish you could come to my neck of the woods and enjoy some piped cuppies! Liz, I am not surprised you like the glazed look, but I am sure you have loved the piped texture. Oh my! Bakesperiments...welcome to my blog. Thanks so much for visiting! Love your St. Patty's Cake..very cute!
ReplyDeletexoxo, Rachel
you seriously have no idea now AWESOME that looks........I'm totally trying that.....THANK YOU!!
ReplyDeletelove the blog.
oh my deliciousness!! great pics and yummy desserts, i love your blog!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ann Marie and Sandy! I LOVE visitors and ADORE your comments! xoxo
ReplyDeleteBeautiful ganache and piping! I love the glazed cupcake with the rainbow sprinkles - such a classic!
ReplyDeleteAlice