Mr. Schalk and I had yet another lovely culinary weekend. Friday was a real treat when we went to Jasmine Thai with my sweet mama. Thai comfort food and Red Curry Duck were made to order! Jasmine definitely ranks in my top 5 favorite local restaurants. I never tire of their Pad Egg Noodles or Pad See Eiw....so tasty! Not to mention the servers are hilarious and super friendly! The fact that it is right beside Yogokiss is an added bonus! We did not indulge this time, but you can bet your bottom dollar (is that the phrase?) that I'll be frequenting often this summer!
Mr. Ed who shares a love for food with his daughter named Moose was oh-so-kind enough to drop off some yummies this week for the Mister and me. We felt like kings to say the least! Fresh berries, hamloaf made lovingly by my mama, and tons of fresh veggies. Oh my! Tonight Mr. Schalk whipped up one of our favorites with some of Mr. Ed's kindness. I don't know what to call it, but we make it on nights we want an easy but flavorful meal.
Let's call it....Pasta Mix with Balsamic.
Yes, very original I know!

This is super simple to prepare and makes a great dinner. We don't have a recipe but basically you prepare some sausage. We usually use mild Italian sausage, but my dad gave us some super yummy applewood smoked chicken sausage. It was dynamite! We use a Michael Chiarello technique of boiling the sausage and then grilling it. It keeps it moist and ensures it is cooked through (although this sausage was thoughtfully fully cooked ahead of time).
Wow, too much info about sausage I fear. Oh well, let's continue.
Pasta is boiled then taken out, and the water is used to quick cook some broccoli and snow peas (or are those snap peas? I get confused). Once they are cooked but still crispy we toss with the pasta. Add the sausage, some cherry tomatoes and top with feta. Then, we drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil on top. Toss and voila! Dinner in a jif!
It's not so much a recipe as a reminder that dinner can be tasty, nutritious and easy all at the same time. You can add any veggies, any pasta and any sauce to create your own version. This happens to be a great marriage of flavors that we enjoy a lot!
xoxo, Rachel
Mmmmmm! Yummy! This looks so good. I make our own spaghetti sauce using balsamic vinegar and it is delicious. It is amazing how something as tangy as balsamic can change the flavor in such good ways to a lot of dishes. I'll have to try your recipe. I love all of the ingredients, especially feta cheese!
ReplyDeleteMr. Ed, your daddy, sure sounds like a nice guy!
Lee Ann
looks reeeeeeeeeeally good rachel.
ReplyDeleteI love balsamic anything and I especially love it with pasta. I may be wierd, but I love crusty bread and balsamic syrup. It's my secret indulgence.
ReplyDelete