We had to bid farewell to our lovely little church pew this weekend. However, we traded it in for a super fun weekend with the parents so it was well worth it. We were merely holding the little pew for Mr. Schalk's parents until they could come get it so I did not let myself get too attached. They had been looking for a small pew for some time now, and when we spotted this beauty at an antique store last month we snatched it right up for them. It will fit perfectly in their entryway. I can't wait to see it in its new home.
We had a ton of fun hanging out with Mr. Schalk's parents and sister, Theresa. Good food, country drives and browsing at antique stores made for quite a fun Saturday afternoon. Not to mention it was sunny and in the 50's! Hallelujah! Spring is on its way!
Mr. Schalk, a.k.a. Wildnerness Man, took Bonnie, aka fluffy-pup-who-thinks-she's-Wilderness-Dog-Extraordinaire, for a few walks in our favorite woods this weekend at my parent's house. I'm pretty sure they found their calling and will not be returning to civilization anytime soon. Fine by me! I forgot how beautiful the woods can be this time of year. Even if I did forget sensible shoes and had to wear size 10 boots. It was gorgeous and smelled like freshness. :)
The weekend was capped off by a Tim Burton hit, Alice in Wonderland. I really enjoyed the colors and fantasy of this movie. The 3D aspect was cool and the company (Mr. Schalk and my mama) made it perfect! Also, Alice's wardrobe was fantastic!This weekend really took away the gloom and gray feelings February had brought on. I feel refreshed and ready for spring. Even though I can almost guarantee we'll get at least one more snow before the warm weather sticks around. The Midwest likes to play games with me. That's okay, I'm ready for an adventure!
Have a great week friends!
xoxo, Rachel

I love that church pew! I don't think I could have given it up. :)
ReplyDeleteI gave you a little blogger award over on my site. Happy Monday!
That's a beautiful church pew. I would love to have it too..
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting!