Today, I thought my head was going to explode. I really want to tell you the mundane, and slightly idiotic, things my day consisted of, but that is neither enriching nor interesting. So, ba-hum-bug is all I have to say to that!
In the midst of my icky morning things settled down. For no apparent reason it got quiet and I was able to relax. I began to munch on some carrots I had brought, which made my brain very happy. Mmm, sugary vegetables = bliss! Eating my snack, praying like crazy and remembering the following really brought a sense of peace and perspective. Yay perspective!
(Image from BluLima's Etsy store.)
I never really “got” this before. I had seen a million different uses for the WWII phrase on Etsy in the past, but never related to it on a personal level.
Until lately.
Crazy place I go during the day made me realize that sometimes (usually) the best answer is to…
Keep Calm
Don’t get upset, stay calm and collected, create the difference you want to see.
and
Carry On
Move forward, don’t let setbacks stop you in your tracks, continue on in the grace of Jesus’ wings. I have a purpose dagummit! Just try and stop me!
Thank you. I feel better.
Now if I can just listen to my own advice and keep some perspective things will be fine. :)
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
–Proverbs 31:25
xoxo even still, Rachel

Love your thoughts Rachel. I need a lot of calm these days. My faith is keeping me anchored, truly, or I would be all over the place. Love that sign. I'll have to get me one when I get settled. I have been so lax in blog reading lately. Too much on my mind, but I am here today to say thanks for all your lovely little comments and your support. Love ya to bits! xxoo
ReplyDeleteI know just what you mean. I can NEVER ever mind my own advice : )
ReplyDeleteBest of luck to you!
I love your writing! I just read the story about the lamb bones, cute! I look forward to reading more for you soon. Great job!
ReplyDeleteShelisa
oh dear! roll that crap onto jesus girlfrieeeend! or eat carrots. or both. maybe jesus first. carrots second. and next weekend you can vent to me!!! and i will love it!! i miss you!!
ReplyDelete