
What a strange weekend. It went by super fast, but feels like it lasted about 14 years. How does that happen? I honestly feel like I ate the food of my (made up) heritage about 2 weeks ago, when it was in reality it has just been a couple days. Huh. Odd.
On a completely unrelated note our house is smelling delish! Mr. Schalk is whipping up a Schalk family classic...pork tenderloin with apple chutney. I may be drooling right now. He even wrapped it in BACON before putting it in the oven. Do you know how long it's been since I've had bacon? I'll give you a hint. Way.....too....long!
I headed over to the post office on Friday and asked Mr. Schalk if he wanted anything from V&T. A fun little shop that is half wine/beer/booze-of-all-sorts and half cheese/chocolate/all-things-wonderful. It is seriously cut in half. Two separate doors and everything. I can't figure out what you do if you want to shop both. It's too much for me to comprehend. So, Mr. Schalk gave me a few things to buy while I was there. Not being too versed in adult beverages I did not buy the right items. In short, I spent about 3 x's as much moolah as he intended. He was cool with my purchases, but it was pretty funny. He said, "such and such" wine. So, I bought "such and such" wine. Not realizing there were different varieties and I had just purchased the fancier version than we usually buy. Who knew? Obviously, not me!
So, tonight we are having the fancier-than-we-usually-buy wine with our pork and apple chutney! If only the patent was released on scratch & sniff blogging. That would either be very cool or very, very scary.
Louis Armstrong on the stereo and Bonnie chillin' beside me. What could be better?! Pork and apple chutney, oven potatoes and cabbage wedges with blue cheese, that's what! It's just a matter of time, my friends. Come on over and join in. We have plenty!
I hope you all are having lovely weekends!
*update*

xoxo, Rachel

oh mmm . . . a handsome man that can cook. You really are one very lucky girl!!! xxoo
ReplyDelete