I've decided Friday nights are good nights to post about nonsense. The long week is over, most people are out, or in, with their families (yay families!) and the last place a person is going to stop by this evening is here. Phew...I'm in the clear!Free and Easy Friday Musings brought to you by Rachel
Every few months I crave mexican food. As in, I was sitting at my desk this afternoon wanting a chicken chimi soooo bad I would have traded my right pinky finger. Almost. So, Mr. Schalk obliged and we went over to Cancun... the "new" one. New to us. Except the thing is, it never changes. A chicken chimi is a chicken chimi at the old Cancun or the new Cancun. If it weren't for the adorable 12 year old hispanic boy delivering chips, or the hope that someone would mistake me for being hispanic I might get bored with the monotony of Mexican restaurants.
Don't get me wrong, it was really good. But it's the same thing every time.
Crave refried beans and guacamole really bad.
Indulge in said cravings.
Feel like Large Marge afterward.
Do it all over again in 2-3 months.
Will I ever learn that double chins don't go away if you fuel the fire with cheese and sour cream and tortilla chips?
No, probably not.
And for the record, the gentleman who took our moolah tonight thought I was hispanic. I'm sure of it. And Mr. Schalk supported my theory.
The end.

p.s.
Fact: I always wanted to resemble America Ferrara. Sometimes I pretend I do.
Fact: No one thinks I look like her.
Fact: I live in my head on Friday nights.
And Tuesday afternoons.
Fact: I need some Scope.
What a beautiful picture of you and your pooch at the top! I just love the dimples. You are such a pretty lady! I can see no sign of a double chin at all, only a beautiful smile, twinkling eyes and a very pretty Rachel and her pooch! Lucky Mr Schalk!! Oh, I miss Mexican food!! I love chimi's and have fond memories of them and Strawberry Margarita's in my youth. Shh... don't tell!! xxoo
ReplyDeleteMarie, you are such a lovely person! I woke up to find your sweet comment and it really made me smile. Thank you! It also makes me want to send you a big plate of chimis and a big strawberry drink of delight across the pond to your front door. :)
ReplyDeleteMarie, you really do look a lot like America Ferrara, at least from your picture at the top of this post. I love your light hearted and cute ways. You always make me smile.
ReplyDeleteLee Ann