
Another cozy day in the Schalk household. I woke up early to feed the cows and pet pig, then set out on a 12 mile hike with Bonnie, collecting sticks and mossy wonders for the hand made bird feeder I made this afternoon. I came back, made a cup of tea and took some photos of my artwork to post on Etsy. I sold 15 prints, 42 sets of cards and 8 sets of earrings today, which I got packed up to drop off at the Post. Then, I headed over to my church small group where we baked cookies for the sweeties at the nursing home and read through Beth Moore's new book, So Long Insecurity. Around 3 I headed home to tidy up the cottage and whip Mr. Schalk up a wintery meal of sweet potatoes and pork medallions. For dessert we lightened things up with hand churned lemon sorbet. It was delightful!
*Ding Dang Dong* Then my alarm went off. And I realized it's still winter and God has not opened those doors for me...yet. So off to work I went. Daydreaming and pondering as only mornings allow. I am SUCH a morning person! It's when I feel I may conquer the world and prayer is abundant and pure. I adore mornings. I'm glad they come around each day.
So, because today is a good day to be alive.
And because I really want to change my blog name.
Seeing the word cupcake every day is so tempting.
And because I should be giving Bonnie a bath instead of blogging.
Yes, she still smells like Doritos and liver. Gross!
Most of all, because I think you are all very lovely indeed...I'm hosting a giveaway!
Several sweet items that I'm sure will charm your socks off!

First off, we have these lovely divine Gloveables from Feather Your Nest. Because if you're going to clean you might as well feel gorgeous! These will do just the trick!

Next up a package of sweetheart Swankies. Just in case cleaning makes you emotional and you get all choked up. I'm here for you!

Because I love you all I am also including a divine ring by the wonderful Kristin Friesen at Sweeter Than Me. She has gorgeous jewelry and I always feel so pretty wearing her items. If you were daring you could even wear it over your Gloveables while dabbing your mascara with a Swankie because of the hormones that arise from dusting. Oh, don't even get me started! (hehe)
Finally, I am including 6 embellished Thank You cards by yours truly. Not 100% homemade because I bought the cards, but the flowers (half paper, half fabric) and scallops were my doing. A set of 6 cards with envelopes, each slightly unique. They say Thank You because I am thankful for YOU all. Sweet readers with sweet comments and funny quips. Lovely indeed!
So, here you go!
To Enter:
Leave a comment about either something you are grateful for or a daydream on your mind these days. Because spring is just around the corner and we all need things to dream about and pray for.
Contest ends this Saturday at 10pm. The winner will be randomly chosen on Sunday, February 28th. What a fun way to end (in my opinion) what ironically seems like the longest month of the year!
Have a wonderful week my friends!
xoxo, Rachel
I am thankful for the beautiful squeals of delight I hear over the monitor that have become my daily morning wake-up call. I am overjoyed that God chose me to be this child's Mommy :)
ReplyDeleteOhh... those swankie hankies are hysterical!!!! So, what did you decide to change your blog name to? I was thinking of changing mine too - but can you do that??? I don't know if it will mess anything up!
ReplyDeleteLovely giveaway Rachel! I can't seem to find your etsy shop. I am thankful for all the lovely friends I have been able to make online. They are no less important to me than my real life friends, the only difference is they live much further away. They all reside in my heart and I am happy to count you as one! xxoo
ReplyDeleteMaranda - What a sweet thing to be thankful for! You are such a good mommy, handpicked by God! It is very evident in that happy baby of yours..what a delight!
ReplyDeleteBrooke - I'm still thinking about my blog name but one is sticking out day after day (it's a secret in case I change my mind :). Yes, you certainly can change your blog name. I know a couple people who have. I don't know the effects of it, but I figure it's our blog and we should have a name we enjoy looking at all the time. Logistically, I think it is possible,too. Such big decisions! :) Thanks for the comment!
Marie - I consider you such a dear friend, as well! I often feel that my blog friends get a real taste of me since this blog is 100% my personality with few filters and interruptions. Thank you for your comment and friendship! P.S. I sadly don't have an Etsy shop...yet. It is a goal of mine and I hope to have one soon. Until then I am just an avid Etsy shopper. xoxo
my daydream consists of my toddler sleeping through the night, my ridiculous cough to go away, no rainy day schedule for my Kindergarteners, a great performance from my 7 year old, who will be Abe Lincoln in a school show...and my house to be magically cleaned. On it's own.
ReplyDeleteYou did say dream, right?
:)
Found you through Beki....
i'm thankful for the apple pie i have in the oven and sweet friends to share it with.
ReplyDeletei'm dreaming of someday opening a bakery, falling in love and becoming the mommy i want so much to be.
I couldn't resist the name of your blog on someone else's blog, so I hopped over here. I laughed when I got to your second paragraph because I was thinking,"Man! I am such a loser...she did all that?!" I seriously thought of Snow White traipsing all over, and I imagined you were singing some sweet song with a sweet voice. :)
ReplyDeleteI am grateful for the love of my children at the end of the day...especially when the day was full of moments that I'd rather forget.
Cute blog!
I am thankful for the birds singing in the morning on the sunny days. I never notice it so much on the cloudy days. So.. double the goodness.
ReplyDeleteI daydream about chasing muddy babies through the house to wipe them off and make them peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I just do! And by babies I mean mine. Maybe. Someday. :)
I am thankful for my two precious daughters and my loving husband. I feel blessed everyday to have them in my life!
ReplyDeletesazzyfrazz at gmail dot com
I am thankful for my 3 wonderful babies and my devoted hubby!! I am thankful for the snow but long for the warmth of the sun on my face!!! I am thankful I woke up early because I can't see......and I thought the alarm clock read 6:15 instead of 5:15!!!! and I had extra time to read this blog!!! Love it!!!! Coming back! Great way to start my day!
ReplyDeleteMama Holli
Woohoo, a grateful giveaway! This Ozarks farm chick is one blessed woman. I am greatful for a lovin' Hubby, two strong healthy adult children and eight, yep...count 'em ...eight grandchilren.
ReplyDeleteI'm dreamin' of the horrific winter endin' and diggin' in the dirt wearin' my shorts, tee, and flippies. The beauty of my acre of yard smack in the middle of the Missouri Ponderosa.
From the hills and hollers, ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!
I am so thankful for the mercy and grace and unconditional love of my Saviour. More time with my Dad (when I get over this flu) healthy grandbabies, so many things!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm dreaming of springtime!
Loving those swankies, aren't they the greatest?
Found your blog because of the cupcake...just sayin...
Mimi