Archive

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Giveaways are better than tofu hot dogs!

The super sweet Grateful Giveaway is still going on until Saturday. Just click here to leave a comment and be entered for a chance to win all sorts of lovelies! See post below for pics!

Bonnie & Dad
This picture has no correlation to the following post.
Except that Bonnie may or may not have dictated it for me.

Pup girl has skills!



I’m feeling sassy today. Maybe it’s because the last 2 weeks have been going on for sooo long, and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. A.K.A. Friday party people!


Did you know God likes to party? I’m convinced especially after reading this found in the rad book of Psalms. Psalm 47 goes something (or exactly) like this:


Psalm 47:1-2, 5-6 (NLT)

Come, everyone! Clap your hands!
Shout to God with joyful praise!
For the Lord Most High is awesome…

…He is the great King of all the earth.
God has ascended with a mighty shout.
The Lord has ascended with trumpets blaring.
Sing praises to God, sing praises;
sing praises to our King, sing praises!


Isn’t that great?! God enjoys our praising and singing and partying in His name! So bring on the weekend and let’s party with the Great One!


In other news, it is still winter. Just in case you forgot. Do you have lots of snow where you’re at? We do and it is real pretty and real cold and really starting to feel like that sweater you fall in love with and go back and buy 5 more, each in a different color. Same snow, different day. Can we all say over…kill?


I miss sunshine and t-shirts. It’s on its way, though. A little birdie told me.


Yesterday, on The Rusted Chain, Beki was being really funny and random. She encouraged her readers to leave a random comment to compliment the fun. I wondered aloud (in my head, but aloud in blogland, you know what I mean) if tofu hot dogs were any good? I can’t stop thinking about them. I have such high hopes. But what if they are pure nast? I would be severely disappointed. Can anyone shed some light on my quandary? Are they good if you close your eyes and load with relish and ketchup? Should I be prepared for a texture oddity? Or should I just avoid at all costs?


Thank you for your help in this matter. Now enter to win win win!


I'm off to return 4 sweaters...


xoxo, Rachel

7 comments:

  1. so funny Rachel! Your view on snow is how I feel about summer here. It's beautiful, sunny and so stinking hot and I'm over by the second day in May. I would give anything for the leaves to change color or light sprinkle of snow just for some variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such a cute dog. Love your blog. I hope you'll check mine out and follow if you like :)

    http://thebuzzonfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pic of your sweet dog. I love that you are feeling sassy. Isn't that the best feeling.

    Not sure if tofu hot dogs are good. Sound a little gross to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus loves to party! Let's make a t-shirt of that. Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, you are a special gift from God.

    Love you, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please count me in for your drawing. I love all the goodies!

    I am daydreaming of a summer picnic in the park with my hubby. We live near a State Park and have gone there on a Sunday afternoon in the past and roasted a few hotdogs and then just relaxed on the beautiful green lawn by the lake. To me that's alot like heaven.

    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is NO way that tofu hot dogs could possibly be good...no way!!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!