Disclaimer: The following post contains photos solely from my phone (except for the above). Better than nothing in a pinch, but certainly lacking in the quality department. Thanks for reading...hope your eyes don't go cross. :)
This weekend will go down in the books as quite delightful! Friday night we were blessed to go out to dinner with some good friends. We had not seen them in oh-so-long, which made even more fun to catch up. I won't even tell you the caloric intake of my spinach and chicken manicotti. Anything that tastes that good (and creamy) cannot be healthy in any way, shape or form. But oh, it was very good to indulge. Unfortunately for my hips I must confess the manicotti was only the beginning of the end.
Splurge weekend galore! I am definitely going to have to go on sugar detox after this...
What a sweet treat to wake up to coffee and cinnamon rolls (my fave!). Mr. Schalk was very sneaky and pulled off the surprise without even a hint of me knowing. Impressive!
In fact, the hubs pulled out all the stops this weekend with surprises and sweetness.
Yesterday, I came home from the Emporium to these beauties! Aren't they lovely? Usually Vday is pretty relaxed around our house, but this year I got spoiled!With the roses also came a weekend filled with Jane! Oh yes, it's true. Mr. Darcy...uh I mean Mr. Schalk had a Pride & Prejudice movie party with me and even bought me her whole collection to devour. Thank you, thank you, thank you Mr. Schalk, you dreamboat!

To top it off, Saturday we had a ball with my mama and daddy! Bonnie chilled with my dad and Breezy while my Mama, Mr. Schalk and I went to a fun little restaurant for lunch and then antique shopping. We bought a variety of items, most small and some...well, not so small.
Yes, we even bought the sink (but not the Moose head). It's on my lap because of the church pew in the back seat.No,
I'm not kidding.
Although, the pew is not for us. It's for Mr. Schalk's parents who have been looking high and low for a small pew for some time now. It's very nice, and I hope they like it.
We, on the other hand, have been looking a white pedestal sink for our small guest bathroom. This one was just the style we wanted and a very good price. You never know what you'll find. We did not expect to buy a sink, but we are very pleased! The Victory Bond button was one my mama bought me a while back. I wore it to work this past week, and thought it was fun. It really has nothing to do with this weekend's antique shopping, except that it reminds me of my sweet mama and it is an antique of sorts.
I hope you all had wonderful weekends, as well! God loves you soooo much! Take heart and have a splendid week!
xoxo, Rachel




Oooh, that's a lot of yumminess!
ReplyDeleteYou got a church pew??? I've been wanting a church pew for like 2 years!! Do show pics
haha Rachel, you do make me laugh! Everything including the kitchen sink in this post!! tee hee!
ReplyDeleteI think the church pews are great. I have a small curved table in my house that came from a church. I love anything different.
ReplyDelete