Archive

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sweet Love


My lovely bloggie friend Marie over at A Year from Oak Cottage (and English Kitchen) had a giveaway a couple weeks back. A Valentine's giveaway to be more specific. Wouldn't you know I was the blessed winner! Yahooey! Everyone loves winning a sweet treat, and who doesn't love receiving packages in the mail?! Or should I say, "parcels in the post?" hehe, no I probably shouldn't say that. It doesn't sound very "Rachel-y." Packages in the mail for me, what fun!

I was so excited to win Marie's lovely Valentine's package. I always say God has a sense of humor and perfect timing. The gift came last week when we had our icky yucky too-much-snow snowstorm! As in, the first time I shoveled a driveway. (Blessings to you up north in Minnesota, Canada and anywhere else that snow shoveling is a regular winter occurrence. Geez, I can't imagine how strong your arms must be!)

So, after I got warm and settled inside for the weekend, I quickly opened my lovely surprise package. I then devoured a few of these.

Oh my! We do not have these in the States. Or, at least in the Midwest. Oh yes, we have chocolate caramels, but not STICKY TOFFEE chocolate caramels. Heavenly bit of England's finest!


Then there were these. Sweet heart shaped cookie cutters! I did not have any heart shaped cutters for my collection, so you can imagine how excited I was! I plan on baking as soon as I get a free moment, hopefully this weekend. Marie was kind enough to include a darling cookie book that has more than sparked my brain for cookie making and decorating.


I love the owls and little daisies best!! Gorgeous! I must get these made before Liz kicks my butt on our sugar free life for a month. Appropriate that Lent begins next week. Perhaps its a sign that I should give up my sugar habits for a bit and focus on what is important, right Jesus? *wink, wink* Thank you for loving me despite the joy I get each and every time I eat a cookie, or brownie, or cupcake, or pie, or...


Finally, to top of the box o' loveliness came this little friend.

Ever seen a cuter monkey mugshot? I thought not!


The Bons was enamored, as well. In fact, it was all I could do to keep her from kissing and licking monkey face all night. She even sat on my lap to try and retrieve him from behind my back (where I had to hide him from her paws). The little punk! I let her sniff, but this cutie is mine!


Thank you Marie! You are so sweet and thoughtful! I hope you and your family have a perfectly wonderful Valentine's Day!!!


xoxo, Rachel

9 comments:

  1. So glad that it arrived safe and sound Rachel and that you were happy with it all. Just love the picture of your little Bons and the cheeky monkey!! Can't wait to see what you do with the cookie cutters!! Happy Valentines to you and your man as well!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you lucky thing. I have literally never won ANYTHING in my life. I've come to grips with it. Love the cookie cuttters. Hearts cookies all day every day! ALSO! You can cutter out heart bread and make heart french toast! Do it!

    p.s. No sugar for a month! Sounds AMAZING to me. Minus the first few days when we dream about it in our sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love mail and then add candy to the mix...heaven! What a sweet giveaway. It is always fun to taste things from other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you won! How fun is that. Those little owl cookies were soooo cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! I love your little dog looking at that monkey, as if to say, "now who are you and what are you doing here?"

    That cookie book looks great, especially the owl cookie on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful gift that arrived a just the perfect time! the owls are by far my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear rachel, i must make a confession. i actually had frosting for breakfast. straight up frosting with a spoon. monday is the day girl. anytime i get a craving i am going to text you and you are going to tell me why i shouldn't. THANK YOU FRIEND FOR LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great package!!How fun. The owl cookies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That owl is so cute! What a great package. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

.

.

About A Cupcake for Moose

Combining my childhood nickname of “Moose” and a sincere passion for all things sweet, A Cupcake for Moose was formed in 2009. Follow along this Midwesterners joyful, slightly dorky, always unique perspective on life as I seek to glorify God through photos, stories, recipes and laughter. With my wild at heart husband, Mr. Schalk, our two babies, "Cricket" and "Chief", and our crazy pup, Bonnie, it is sure to be an adventure!

xo, Rachel

All photos taken by me unless noted. Please ask before using. Thanks so much!