Oddly enough, I can't keep a beat. I try, but it's kind of a joke. Still, I have a deep appreciation for music. It's hard to even pick a favorite artist or band.

B.B. King really tops the list. He and I are best friends. Seriously. Sort of...I'll have to fill you in sometime.
In the meantime, this week's Schalkboard Tuesday is my play list. I made a play list last week of songs that just make me happy. The kind you want to listen to over and over, belt out at the top of your lungs and dance like crazy.
A.K.A. Having a blast in your car when your driving by yourself. They are random and fun.
This play list is totally ME. Not me and the mister. Love Mr. Schalk, but these are definitely not his kind of tunes. He humors me, but it's about as fun as when I listen to Amy Grant with him. Poor guy. No, these are just Rachel songs to make me smile and dance and be goofy. An awesome way to unwind from crazy brain days.
So, without further adieu here is a sampling of my quirky fun i-just-want-to-enjoy-life current play list:
1. Be Somebody - Kings of Leon (the first 59 seconds are amazing)
2. Nothing Ever Hurt Like You - James Morrison (not to be confused with Jim Morrison)
3. Cold Shoulder - Adele (I heart Adele!)
4. Lucky - Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
5. In the Colors - Ben Harper (Ben and I go way back...so hip..him not me.)
6. Run (Live) - Snow Patrol
7. Let It Be Me - Ray LaMontagne
8. Christmas - Teddy Thompson (Heard this song in Anthro last month. I found myself singing along with a goofy grin on my face. Shazamed it and it actually picked the song/artist despite the crazy Christmas crowd in the background. Thank you Shazam!)
So, there you go. My crazy, unique, maybe lame maybe awesome play list to welcome in Twenty Ten. What songs make you feel alive? Dance? Are YOUR songs?
Happy Tuesday!

Some great songs there Rachel! Great play list! You know, you're very pretty. Love that smile! It lights up the whole screen!
ReplyDeleteI love your taste in music!
ReplyDeleteI love this list! Let it Be is such a wonderful song! And I am SO glad to know that you and BB are such great friends : )
ReplyDelete